SASS Wire Forum

top shot

Noah Cash

I've been seriously disappointed with this show. It is no longer shown on the television in my house.

Well, Doc, it beats the heck out of 95% of TV programs IMHO. But then again, TV is pretty much a wasteland.

I've only caught it a time or two in the past, and was put off by the reality drama content that is all the rage these days. This past Saturday they had a marathon of all of last season and I did watch some of that. If you can look past the drama, the shooting parts are enjoyable.

Haven't watched it yet, always record the program. That way can miss all the balognia and watch only the shooting. Takes only around 15 minutes to watch. :rolleyes:

I haven't watched it seriously in the past, just when it was on and I had nothing else going on. I watched last night. Still beats a lot of the television out there. If you think the reality part is bad, tune into "Real Wives of...." sometime.

I was really impressed by how fast some of them shot the S&W .500Mag. The women were clearly out of their league with that gun.

I'm already taking a dislike for the red headed guy. He was griping about folks missing the targets, while he was the one that fell off the log 42 times.

I was really impressed by how fast some of them shot the S&W .500Mag. The women were clearly out of their league with that gun.

Anybody around here ever shot a .500? I've shot the .454 Casull, and it was not what I would call a fun gun to shoot.

They did better than I would have. I have no interest in anything beyond a .44 magnum or hot .45 Colt, and don't much care to shoot those unless necessary.

I'm already taking a dislike for the red headed guy. He was griping about folks missing the targets, while he was the one that fell off the log 42 times.

He's not my favorite, but the guy who won the elimination needed to go instead of the female. Everyone was talking about high-strung he is, and I agree. Yes, the female missed alot during the competition, but since last season very clearly became a popularity contest...

It seemed odd that they put all the "losers" on the same team. That puts them at an automatic disadvantage, at least hypothetically.

Anybody around here ever shot a .500? I've shot the .454 Casull, and it was not what I would call a fun gun to shoot.

Okie... like you, I've shot a full bore .454 Casull before and it had all of my attention, but I've never been around anybody who owned a .500 or a .460 Smith... Even when I hunted deer with a handgun, I used a Model 29-2 Smith and Wesson and that was enough gun for Mule Deer with 240 grain soft points...

Vaya con Dios

I don’t see what all the fuss is about. Top Shot is just another reality show, nothing but a soap opera with guns. Every time one of these “reality or court room shows” comes on I feel the collective IQ of this country drop 10 points

I don’t see what all the fuss is about. Top Shot is just another reality show, nothing but a soap opera with guns. Every time one of these “reality or court room shows” comes on I feel the collective IQ of this country drop 10 points

That is why I Tivo it -- I fast forward to the shooting parts, which makes up 15 minutes of the hour long show.

I agree there is too much infighting and drama, but watch any other "reality" show and compare it to this one. Not even close. Most of the others shouldn't even be on television.

A few of them ripped through it pretty fast to be shooting that gun.

The red headed guy wasted a WHOLE lot more time getting up the log that anyone did shooting.

Think I might have just grabbed him and shoved his *&^ up there.

THAT is what really cost them the win.

Just record it on the dvr and fast forward past all the reality garbage and commercials and just look at the actual shooting... that way it is a useful filler for when I an watching something live and need something to watch while the live show goes to commercial the 4 to 6 min breaks that are not the norm for Tv fit nicely with the shooting recorded on the DVR

Yep. The ones with the 8" barrel aren't real hateful. A friend of mine owns one of the backpacker kits with the 3 1/2" barrel. He dared me to try a cylinder full. I got 5 through before it felt like something gave way in my wrist. Went to have it looked at because it was swollen for almost a week. Nothing wrong but what's between the old ears. Never again.

It seemed odd that they put all the "losers" on the same team. That puts them at an automatic disadvantage, at least hypothetically.

That would be true if the entire remainder of the competition were solely with the Smith and Wesson. It didn't test AT ALL the myriad of other firearms, types of shooting, plus the physical challenges, that they will go through on this show. People have different strengths and weaknesses and not every skill in shooting relates to handling recoil, which is the main issue with the S&W. The guy who has the muscle to handle the S&W the best might be a dismal failure on the sporting clays range if he can't lead well, or in a timed event if he's nervous on the clock.

Just watched it off the DVR. I'm sorry to see Amanda go so soon, the stagecoach really wasn't a fair test of overall talent, but then again, that is the game. That would have been cool to try though, but really tough for me as I'm left handed.

I think they need a special episode or mini series, Top Shot - the Experts challenge. Have all the experts go head to head. Now that would be interesting.

Never shot one but do have a Contender 14" in 45-70. Have fired 50 rounds right after another without any problem, just ran out of ammo I had with me. How does the big 50 compaire to the Contender in 45-70?? Was very easy shooten fer me.

Archived