SASS Wire Forum

PRICE DROP - Brain-Tanned Native American Quiver

I have decided to drop the price on this item. It's a brain-tanned (Also known as "smoke" or "Indian" tanned) quiver, patterned after Woodlands and Plains tribes. Decorated with dyed deer hair cones, ruffed grouse ("partridge" to you Michiganders) feathers and human hair (yes, HUMAN hair - no worries - they're still alive and kickin'), This quiver will hold over a dozen arrows easily. The strap is a woven sash (not shown in photo) and the decorative piece on the top is a deer antler button.

I made this quiver to accompany a self-bow that I made to hunt with. After a couple of hunts, I found it impractical for my hunting area, because the fringe would get caught in burrs and stick-tights. It caught a lot of attention at the 18th century reenactments I participate in, though! It is made from a deer that I harvested with my bow and was beautifully brain-tanned by a dear friend and former student in exchange for a handmade bow. Deer hides, tanned in this way, run between $200 and $300 for the hides alone. This quiver took the entire hide to construct.

The arrows shown are made from wooden shafts, fletched with wild turkey wing feathers and equipped with glue-on target points. I have others that aren't showm, some made of wild rose ("nature's carbon") and some nocked with deer antler. A couple even have trade points lashed onto them. All are shootable and spined for a 50# bow.

I am now asking $225 for the quiver alone, $250 for the quiver and the arrows. I am reducing the price, because a local gun dealer has offered me a deal on a coach gun, if I can drum up the funds. I would also entertain a trade for a decent used (but not beat up) Ruger SA in .22 caliber (for my daughter).

This quiver would be a gorgeous wall-hanger for a den or a great accent for anyone who does a Native American impression.

Here's a photo: https://skydrive.liv...BA6710F56%21438

I can also e-mail you more detailed photos, if you're interested.

Damn nice work, that won't even pay for your time, wow! Thanks for showing this craftsmanship, stunning!

BullWhacker

Thanks, BW! Yeah, I know I'm taking a hit on my time, but I need to move it to get a SXS. Heck, If someone out there really wanted it, I'd sell the whole kit & kaboodle for $225 + shipping! Got a shoot coming up at the end of this month and I'd really like to have a shotgun to use!!

BTT

BTT

BTT - Lowering price 1 last time: $200.00 for quiver, $225.00 for the whole package. $10.00 shipping.

BTT

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to drop the price on this item. It's a brain-tanned (Also known as "smoke" or "Indian" tanned) quiver, patterned after Woodlands and Plains tribes. Decorated with dyed deer hair cones, ruffed grouse ("partridge" to you Michiganders) feathers and human hair (yes, HUMAN hair - no worries - they're still alive and kickin'), This quiver will hold over a dozen arrows easily. The strap is a woven sash (not shown in photo) and the decorative piece on the top is a deer antler button.

I made this quiver to accompany a self-bow that I made to hunt with. After a couple of hunts, I found it impractical for my hunting area, because the fringe would get caught in burrs and stick-tights. It caught a lot of attention at the 18th century reenactments I participate in, though! It is made from a deer that I harvested with my bow and was beautifully brain-tanned by a dear friend and former student in exchange for a handmade bow. Deer hides, tanned in this way, run between $200 and $300 for the hides alone. This quiver took the entire hide to construct.

The arrows shown are made from wooden shafts, fletched with wild turkey wing feathers and equipped with glue-on target points. I have others that aren't showm, some made of wild rose ("nature's carbon") and some nocked with deer antler. A couple even have trade points lashed onto them. All are shootable and spined for a 50# bow.

I am now asking $225 for the quiver alone, $250 for the quiver and the arrows. I am reducing the price, because a local gun dealer has offered me a deal on a coach gun, if I can drum up the funds. I would also entertain a trade for a decent used (but not beat up) Ruger SA in .22 caliber (for my daughter).

This quiver would be a gorgeous wall-hanger for a den or a great accent for anyone who does a Native American impression.

Here's a photo: https://skydrive.liv...BA6710F56%21438

I can also e-mail you more detailed photos, if you're interested.

BTT one last time...

Archived