SASS Wire Forum

Manhunt for bank robbers

Utah Bob #35998

Siublings Rob Georgia Bank

Bonnie and Clyde and their other brother Clyde?

I hope they're caught soon.

I found this part interesting.

He said police fear the siblings are carrying "an arsenal of weapons." Tracing prior background checks run by gun sellers, police confirmed that Ryan Dougherty bought an AK-47 assault rifle — like the one used in the bank robbery — at a pawn shop two years ago. Similar checks showed his brother also owned guns.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Accordin' to the media... a couple of broken b-b guns would qualify as an "arsenal of weapons".

ts

Hmmm. I thought information from the background Instant Check was too be deleted. Otherwise how would they know about firearms purchases? And what does big brother know about yours?

Why yes I do believe in a vast conspircy to take our guns away.

Hmmm. I thought information from the background Instant Check was too be deleted. Otherwise how would they know about firearms purchases? And what does big brother know about yours?

Why yes I do believe in a vast conspircy to take our guns away.

All they have to do is have a name of who you bought it from then check their records!

I've had the BATF and the FBI call me on 2 occassions requesting info on who bought a certain firearm that was confiscated or reported stolen.What they do is run the serial number which the factory can tell them what distributor that firearm was sold to.OR if it's an import it's generally a limited number of outlets for certain firearms.Either way;the distributor can tell them who they sold the firearm to....meaning FFL dealer.I'm guessing it takes them less than an hour to go from start to finish.

They though they had two of them cornered in Nashville this morning. SWAT was called and part of downtown was shut down for a while. Turned out to be a Vanderbilt grad and her roommate's boyfriend who really did kinda' resemble the fugitives.

I noticed that several of the news agancies called the weapons shown in the pictures AK47s.

:wacko::angry:NOT!! :angry::wacko::lol:

I've had the BATF and the FBI call me on 2 occassions requesting info on who bought a certain firearm that was confiscated or reported stolen.What they do is run the serial number which the factory can tell them what distributor that firearm was sold to.OR if it's an import it's generally a limited number of outlets for certain firearms.Either way;the distributor can tell them who they sold the firearm to....meaning FFL dealer.I'm guessing it takes them less than an hour to go from start to finish.

But how did they get the serial number in the first place? I doubt the perps sent a text message to the police.

They though they had two of them cornered in Nashville this morning. SWAT was called and part of downtown was shut down for a while. Turned out to be a Vanderbilt grad and her roommate's boyfriend who really did kinda' resemble the fugitives.

I noticed that several of the news agancies called the weapons shown in the pictures were AK47s.

:wacko::angry:NOT!! :angry::wacko::lol:

The photos in the video were pretty blurry, but one looks to be an AK variant, and the other is sort of Mac-10ish.

But how did they get the serial number in the first place? I doubt the perps sent a text message to the police.

Makes ya wonder don't it. <_<

Heads up Bob, they might be heading your way. Possible sighting in Colorado Springs today

Depends if they're heading up the Interstate for the northern border or west to Californy I guess. My guess is up to the wilderness of Wyoming and Montana but who knows?

Just saw on the news they're in a stolen white Subaru with Texas tags and bought a bunch of camping equipment.

When I lived in Florida all the fugitive outlaws seemed to head down there. Now they seem to end up in Colorado. Maybe I'm a magnet. :unsure:

They got 2 out of the 3 siblings. LINK to news story.

Well done LEOs!

Good! One to go.

They are from a small town about 20 miles north of me. Supposedly they purchased them locally and would be remembered. They were living in a house that had two 40 foot shipping containers buried underground with lights and power. The brothers may have been living in the bunker. The local news was showing pieces of sheet metal roofing that had been used as targets. The LEO's had been searching for left behind shell casings. These are 3 whacked out people. The car was stolen from the youngest boys pregnant girlfriend who is due today. The older boy, before this all started had just appeared in court on charges of sending dozens of sexually explicit text messages to an 11 year old girl and cut off his ankle monitor when it all started. The sister worked part time as a topless dancer and has a string of dui and other charges on her record. The boys had a laudry list on their records also.

Glad that at least 2 of them have been caught before they hurt or killed someone. Hats off to all the LEO's that are involved in this.

Taylor says the more-than-20-mile chase ended on Interstate 25 near Walsenburg at 9:43 a.m. Taylor says speeds were over 100 mph at times, and shots were fired by the trio at authorities while driving.

This is the scenario I was worried about, where innocents get harmed. Fortunately this did not occur. The CO LEOs did a good job in controlling the situation. :FlagAm:

hey Grizz maybe they were on their way to that Federal Prison there in Canyon City, you know save the tax payers some money and just check themselves in

When has that ever happened? :blink:

I can dream can't I :lol: :lol:

I am glad they have been caught

Pretty crappy gang.

Only held up 1 bank and stole a car. :rolleyes:

I'm interested in seeing what kind of "arsenal" they had.

Why am I not surprised the girl used to be a stripper?

You gotta love the mother's response, "Although they've done some very bad things, no one has been physically injured yet." :blink: It's obvious that stupidity is definitely an inherited gene.

Gimme a break!!! It's like the local teenage punk out here who opened fire with a shotgun on police officers. The officers finally got him cornered and the perp was killed in the gun battle. He was in the process of reloading the shotgun. He's dad was quoted as saying, "He was a good boy. I'm sure he would've given up if they had asked him to."

Where's the likes of Judge Roy Bean and Isaac Parker when we need them?

Archived