SASS Wire Forum

Fishing

Grizzly Dave

Anyone gone lately? Last night

What cha catch? 5lb Brown Trout

Where'd ya go? Lake below my house

What did ya catch 'em on? Silver Rapala

Two fillets marinated in OJ, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, chives. Grilled over mesquite and served with fresh broccoli, wild rice and chilled Monte Vina Pinot while the sun set over the Wasatch

Two fillets marinated in OJ, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, chives. Grilled over mesquite and served with fresh broccoli, wild rice and chilled Monte Vina Pinot while the sun set over the Wasatch

Dusty... that just plumb makes me wanna cry... :(

*sniff~!*

Have not been in about 15-16 years.

And sad thing is. My wife really enjoyed it the few times we went. And I know

she would love to go.

We have been wanting to go the T-Bones a few days early one month, and fish in

that big tank he has. Then stay and shoot the match.

It was stocked years ago and nobody has really fished it.

But it seems we never make it up there to get it done. :wacko:

I thought I heard something about aggressive man eating fish in that lake, or was that just the story to keep folks from swimming in it?

Dusty, must be nice.

I haven't been fishing in years wither. Not big on eating them, but enjoy catching them. Sitting in the shade of a tree, slight breeze, taking a nap while I down a worm, now that's fishing!

I haven't been fishing in many years. Closest I came to starting drinking again after I quit. (Last time I got drunk was 1983. It ended in 1985)

One of the last times I went "fishing" I would tie a nut or washer on the end of the line and cast it out once in a while. I sure didn't want to be bothered by any smelly fish. The thing was, if I was sitting on the beach at 7 in the morning drinking a six pack I'd look like a drunk. Sitting next to a fishing pole and I was a fisherman having a cold one. :lol:

I, too, have not been fishing in many, many years. The problem is with the equipment. I still have the long-handled net but the dynamite has just gotten too dang hard to come by.

I aint been flishin' since I joined SASS ! ;)

One of my fave sayins was....We'll go flishin today ....Why ? ....Cuz it's Flyday !!! :lol:

You DO know that we all hate you, don't you? :lol:

Guest Copper Mart

Cutthroat are biting nymphs and Mepps spinners in the North Fork of the Clearwater and Kelly Creek,ID. 14" is about average. If you fish deep, you'll catch Whitefish, big ones.

Mart...

A lot of the places I fish have had some pretty massive die offs this year due to the drought and heat. That is the bad news.

Good news is when it cools off the the rain comes we will be having some pretty great fishing I am thinking as the ones that lived may be getting hungry.

WENT TO THE CREEK BELOW MY HOUSE WITH MY GRANDSON. WE CAUGHT BLUE GILLS ON WORMS.

Cutthroat are biting nymphs and Mepps spinners in the North Fork of the Clearwater and Kelly Creek,ID. 14" is about average. If you fish deep, you'll catch Whitefish, big ones.

Mart...

There is a rumor that smoked whitefish are the ticket. Could that be true?

Geez, that's been 5 years ago. Wife had a conference in Whistler, BC and I got to play. Hired a guide and hit the BIRKENHEAD RIVER. Landed 3 good sized rainbows (18-20") that LOVED TO JUMP.

They liked wolly buggers

TF

Geez, that's been 5 years ago. Wife had a conference in Whistler, BC and I got to play. Hired a guide and hit the BIRKENHEAD RIVER. Landed 3 good sized rainbows (18-20") that LOVED TO JUMP.

They liked wolly buggers

TF

Woollys are the first fly in the box, for rainbows, for this cowboy. :)

Most fish take a wet but catching one on a dry is something else.

I just love to watch the fly drift down through a run. You can almost

feel the fishing looking it over. Dang I love to fish.

Guest Copper Mart

There is a rumor that smoked whitefish are the ticket. Could that be true?

My brother who lives on the Selway has the reputation of being the best whitefish smoker on the Clearwater drainage. I don't know about best, cause I eat only his, but they certainly are tasty.

Mart...

Way back in da 18......er.......1977, I was posted in da P.I. and went flishin' off da island of Corridgador.

Baited up wif ghost shrimp and dropped my line off the back end of the boat.

New sea flishin' gear and all.

Somethin' hit my bait and never stopped.

I was strapped in a flishin' chair.. da whole nine yards.....when da line snapped !!!

Never did see what criiter I had. Thought it may have been a shark or turtle.

Hmmmm...I think it was last summer. Fly fishing up Spanish Fork Canyon in Utah with one of my sons. Dang...come to think of it, it was the summer before. Time to limber up the ol' fly rod.

Archived