SASS Wire Forum

ever wounder why

Red Logan #12252

so you can better investigate if there any ...issues.....I reckon. :unsure:

...and it's easier to read the writing of that phone number from the bar fly gal one might have encountered at the local waterin' hole :blink:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

so you can better investigate if there any ...issues.....I reckon. :unsure:

...and it's easier to read the writing of that phone number from the bar fly gal one might have encountered at the local waterin' hole :blink:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Napkin, maybe. TP, never....

You're obviously not familiar with the "red cob, white cob" principle. <_<

Yes I am... grew up on a ranch in colo during ww2, most folkx only had a 1 holer, we had a 2 holer, with all kinds of catalogs and news paper... my folkx called it the white house...

Yes I am... grew up on a ranch in colo during ww2, most folkx only had a 1 holer, we had a 2 holer, with all kinds of catalogs and news paper... my folkx called it the white house...

Ours was a single holer...but the architect (my dad) forgot to put a door on it...just a curtain. Made for some frosty mornings. :o

Ours was a single holer...but the architect (my dad) forgot to put a door on it...just a curtain. Made for some frosty mornings. :o

Mitch Jayne (RIP) who played bass with The Dillards (the Darlin's of Andy Griffith fame) had a schtick he did about outhouses. One of the best parts of the story was describing an outhouse to the folks in the audience -- from Beverly Hills.

"It's a little pine building put out back about a 100 yards. In the winter it's a 100 yards too far, but in the summer, it's a 100 yards to near." :)

Chick

Ours had a supply of newspaper that served a dual purpose. Other than the obvious the first thing you did was light a rolled up piece with a kitchen match, stick it down in the hole, swirl it around, and let the flame clear out any fiddlebacks, black widows, or yellow jackets. Experience is a good teacher.

When I was a kid (seventies) I knew families who had outhouses, but they did have toilet paper.

There was an outhouse at the church until about ten years ago.

I know a woman who still has a "working" outhouse, in town no less, but it rarely gets used.

Guest Copper Mart

In the East German Republic of old, the TP was brown. It was nasty. It would take the hide off a mule.

I know that stuff. Takes the old, the new and half the hide.

Mart...

past all the stories of out houses and corn cobs or sears catalogs.. comes.................................... outhouse tipping.. lol Sport or hobby your call.. lol

Archived