SASS Wire Forum

Shot My Last Match

Bama Red

Last match till Ambush that is!

Had several of the usual train wrecks -had a loose crimp on a rifle round that cost me six misses when it jammed my '73, launched the ejector rod, spring, ejector rod housing and the housing retainer screw from my USFA Rodeo downrange (Loctite is your friend) on the next stage (all parts were found thanks to sharp-eyed Carole, the gal working the unloading table, who found the tiny screw!), and had the spare pistol lock up due to me not using a shot of Balistol after three stages to help keep down the BP fouling (cost me two misses).

I'll miss the September shoot since it will be too soon after my knee replacement to shoot. I'll be at the range that day, but I'll be stuck in my golf cart for the day.

I'm hoping Ambush will be anti-climatic after all this!! :lol::blink:

But you were outside shooting with friends... It doesn't get much better than that...!!! Do you remember Ambush in Alabama when you and I were sharing J. Marks's rifle and you were shooting black and I was shooting smokeless...??? Thing locked up tighter'n a tick on a hound with 1 1/2 stages to go... Until I grabbed the bottle of Ballistol from R3B and hosed it down... I offered to clean it afterwards, but J. Mark wanted to work on it... He said if he'd known what it was going to look like, he would have let me clean it... :lol::lol::lol:

Vaya con Dios

Bama! I sure hate I missed Cavern Cove last Sunday1

I'm guessin' you're gonna' be at Vandy for the surgery. Let me know,(if you don't have my numbers you e-mail me or drop me a PM).

Hope it all works well and we'll see you soon!!

As usual, Flint nailed it (that's why he's the Flintster!)!

Had a great day, even though it was hotter than the hinges of Hell set on "broil"! :lol: Got to shoot and laugh with great folks on four great stages (Ambush is shaping up to have some real fun stages, folks - get your entries in NOW!!), had a cold cut lunch after the match and saw two visiting cowboys from New York (New York City?!?!?!?) take home awards. Let's face it - no one will believe them!!! :lol::o:D Wish I'd thought to tell 'em 'bout our midget tossin' and rasslin'! :o

I can't wait to get this surgery behind me - see all y'all at a work day and then at the September shoot (I'll be drivin' the golf cart with the extra ice water).

Bama... +1 on whut Flint said...

...and you have our prayers for your upcoming surgery and complete recovery.

"Any day shooting with friends is.....

Better than working !!! "

Think I'll make dat into a bumper sticker !!!! :lol:

Prayers up on yur op !! ;)

Had several of the usual train wrecks -had a loose crimp on a rifle round that cost me six misses when it jammed my '73, launched the ejector rod, spring, ejector rod housing and the housing retainer screw from my USFA Rodeo downrange (Loctite is your friend) on the next stage (all parts were found thanks to sharp-eyed Carole, the gal working the unloading table, who found the tiny screw!), and had the spare pistol lock up due to me not using a shot of Balistol after three stages to help keep down the BP fouling (cost me two misses).

I'll miss the September shoot since it will be too soon after my knee replacement to shoot. I'll be at the range that day, but I'll be stuck in my golf cart for the day.

Good luck to you Bamas with the surgery. Your shoot sounds like mine.. lol.. It is either my shotgun, my Rugers, or my Marlin.. ahhh .. okay fine maybe it is just me.. lol

Why don't you have 'em whack that leg off and give you a peg? You can come out here to the Mima Marauders and we'll let you shoot the Captain Ahab class. :wacko: Here's hoping the surgery goes without a hitch.

Okie, don't think I haven't thought of that! :o

I'm beginning to accept the fact that if they can't make any improvement on my pain and mobility this time around, then it is something I may just have to learn to live with. Ah, well...........

There's always shootin'! :D

Since you did not shoot yur self in the foot . . . . I figur that you is doing OK .... :)

Okie, don't think I haven't thought of that! :o

I'm beginning to accept the fact that if they can't make any improvement on my pain and mobility this time around, then it is something I may just have to learn to live with. Ah, well...........

There's always shoot in'! :D

Bama, I don't have the pain you have, but the pain I have is a fraction. Somehow when shooting, its easier. I have to get up early for aspirins to work on arthritis, loosen my little finger which has been locking up, and soaking my hands in ice water to diminish the swelling. I still need to get cataract surgery done, but the earliest will be next January.

Somehow, its all worth it, living, shooting, and the comrade before, during, and afterwards. That's living. MT

Dang, after reading this, I feel a wreck!

Bama, you get through this surgery and if you need me for anything, you call me... you hear...??? I have those days when my back is bad enough that I don't want to get up, but when I think of my pards and shooting (and Ms. Maggie... :wub::wub::wub: ) it makes it all worthwhile...

You have our prayers and you know that...

Vaya con Dios

Archived