SASS Wire Forum

Rednecks vs Bluegills...

I work for an organization that has a definite list to port... but there are still a bunch of folks here leanin' over the starboard rail.

Anyway, a few years ago I had a boss who loved to come in every morning and share the latest Jeff Foxworthy chuckle. Naturally we all got a good grin or two out of it...

Then one morning the most unusual of circumstances occured - HIS boss, who was habitually late, was actually in her office. Now, this in itself would be noteworthy, but her reaction to overhearing Tony's humor was startling... She boiled out of her office, crying "No, no, NO! You can NOT tell 'redneck' jokes in the workplace! They are demeaning and besides, 'rednecks' might be a protected class of people!"

Well, as one can imagine, we just looked up in astonishment. I dared to volunteer "But Chief... no one around here objects, and heck - even the rednecks love these snippets!"

"NO! No more 'redneck' jokes!" and she turned on her heel and stomped back to her office.

After a moment of silence, Tony, displaying the wisdom developed in an earlier career as an Air Force officer, turned to the rest of the staff and with a smile said: "Well alright then... from now on, we'll merely refer to 'em as 'Bluegills.' I'm QUITE sure bluegills aren't protected if you have a fishing license, and I have mine!" and went on with the next "bluegill" joke. :rolleyes:

So...

That said...

As if things weren't weird enough with all them catfish in Washington D C, we now have the carp in my home state doin' bizarre stuff like this!

Carp Shennanigans :wacko:

Archived