SASS Wire Forum

Important news!

Goody, SASS #26190

Ok folks, we got Showdown coming up in two weeks. Sidewinder Sid has posted an important message on the Events wire that I thin k needs to be here.

"Update to Showdown 2011

Due to the drought conditions and severe burn ban restrictions, the land owner has asked us to impose an open flame and smoking restriction effective immediately. There have been at least three wildfires going on around the ranch property in the last month, the last of which was finally extinguished Monday August 1, 2011. We will have a designated smoking area, but at this time no smoking in any buildings including the stages. Please be careful with all smoking materials, and No Cigarette Butts on the ground.

In addition, Black Powder has been restricted from use until these conditions improve.These adjustments are felt necessary to maintain a safe environment for everyone.

Regards

Sid "

So if you are planning on joining us(and we hope you are!) please make note of the above. This will mean smoking only in designated area's, no camp fires and the prohibition of Black Powder and substitutes. I'm not sure what it says for cooking in closed grills, hopefully Sid will chime in on this.

We are still going to have a whale of a good time, with 6 stages of Wild Bunch on Friday and main match on Saturday and Sunday. Look here for all the details.

http://www.comanchevalley.org/homeframesnew.htm

Darn, and I was so looking forward to shooting Silver Senior, Left Hand, Frontier Cartridge. Just dashed my hopes of winning my catagory. Well, back to Silver Senior, upside down revolver catagory.

Goody, I just remembered that I have a very important meeting that I need to attend in Leadville, Co. or was it Mizoula, Mt., this weekend. I will try to find someone to meet with you this Sat. If not, I will be back in plenty of time to contest your ability to walk, talk or chew gum next week at CVV.

So run, you cur... RUN! Tell all the other curs the law's comin'!

You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me, you hear?...

Hell's coming with me!

Don't run too fast in the heat. Let the bad guys wear themselves out, then take them while they are slowing down and recovering.

See you Saturday.

Doc

Archived