SASS Wire Forum

is the stevens 22/410 sass legal

Trigger Mike

found a Stevens 22/410 with a hammer is it legal for my daughter to shoot CAS?

I, personally, see no difference between this and an H&R .410, which is legal. Gotta keep'em interested.

Al

If you are takling about the gun I think you are talking about;

And iff you are talking about it being used as a rifle; no, it does not have a tubular magazine.

I would bet against it being legal for shotgun as well. As it does have that rifle barrel thingy.

found a Stevens 22/410 with a hammer is it legal for my daughter to shoot CAS?

No.

Fillmore

Trigger Mike,

If that .410 is what your daughter can shoot, then bring her on up to Cherokee. I'll let her use it.

Badlands Bob

Since I can't find any other 410 single shot, this is all can I can find, but I have not bought it yet. I also wonder if 325 is too much. She has a lever 22 and pistols just not a shotgun. Cherokee is where she would be shooting anyway, since it is my home range. thanks.

Howdy Mike! I don't see where there'd be any problem with her using it. It's period correct, as it's what's called a "drilling". They've been around a long time.

As to the price, $325 is pretty reasonable for a Stevens Model 24. I've seen them sell for $500 to $600.

Somewhere along the line the idea that a .410 was a great gun to start a young shooter evolved, in actuality it’s a horrible caliber for a child to learn to shoot with. The .410 is an experts gun and is not for beginners. Many kids quickly get frustrated by the number of misses that they have with the little gun at least in the hunting fields and trap and skeet ranges.

Ammo is also stupidly expensive.

You might be much better off to buy her a youth model 20ga and feed it featherlite loads which have pretty negligible recoil, that way by changing the butt stock she can continue to use the gun as she gets older and will have a much higher hit percentage and be a much happier shooter

Mike,

PM me. I have niece that is 8 and is shooting with us. She is tall, thin and recoil sesitive but she shoots a 12ga. H&R Pardner with loads her dad worked up and they don't bother her a bit.

Judge

I worked up a 12 gauge load for my youngest when he started. Basically no recoil at all most targets go down with it. He used my double barrel with no mods. He doesn't like recoil either. PM me if you want the load I worked up.

I worked up a 12 gauge load for my youngest when he started. Basically no recoil at all most targets go down with it. He used my double barrel with no mods. He doesn't like recoil either. PM me if you want the load I worked up.

I don't have a reloader, so I guess I need to find a pard that loads em light that will sell me some

Better a 12 than a 20. Much better selection of ammo and components and generally at a much better price.

Love my 20 ga hunters but shoot a 12 for CAS.

Archived