SASS Wire Forum

What's it worth?

:unsure: What is it worth? I have a Rossi '92 45LC carbine. Dark wood with good finish (90% or better) smooth action with no safety on top. Used it 4 or 5 matches when I started then bought a '66. I do not know what I paid for it just asking for a "fair" value.

thanks,

Slim :unsure:

I went the same route when I started ... Stainless Steel Rossi in 45LC. And like yourself, I don't remember what I paid for it. Dictated by budget, I'm guessing under $225.00

I used it for roughly eight matches before problems began to occur routinely. One gunsmith whom I've come to respect actually refuses to work on them period. This led me to visit the very next gun show in my area. Frankly, I felt relieved to dump it for $160.00 which I put towards a Marlin. Of course, bare in mind that was some ten years ago ... BTW, the Marlin has never failed me in all these ten years.

Dances with Pit Bulls, if you check GunBroker and Auction Arms and look at archive information here on the Wire, you'll see that a fair asking price is anywhere between $350 t0 $450 depending upon condition. Some Rossi's were marginal, some run like a well oiled Singer Sewing Machine. With those prices, you can include shipping or make it extra.

Doolin

I have had a 16 inch Puma by Rossi in 357 and would only digest 357 length cartridges. I too dumped it when I needed cash, would still have it if it were not for hard times. I still have a stainless steel 45 lc 20 inch sadle ring I bought 10 years ago for $190 wouldn't part with it ever. I am tired of losing good guns just because the wife needs a filling or the kids need lunch money. Worth $450 at least around here especially if it does not have safety on top.

I have an older Rossi carbine in 45 colt also with no tang safety or safety of any kind(except half cocked).Incredibly smooth and accurate,

Prefers heavy bullets though, like 250's or 255's, with a 'stout' charge..no wimp loads.Shoots BP or smokeless equally as well.

I had basic, moderate action work done on it by a local gunsmith about 12+ years ago.Then had my SASS badge hand carved on the right side of stock and stock and forend refinished.

Love that carbine..even prefer it to my '73 full on race prepped 24" rifle in many instances.

The older Rossis , pre safety, can be very nice guns indeed.I'll never sell mine.Got lucky, and got a great Rossi.

:unsure: What is it worth? I have a Rossi '92 45LC carbine. Dark wood with good finish (90% or better) smooth action with no safety on top. Used it 4 or 5 matches when I started then bought a '66. I do not know what I paid for it just asking for a "fair" value.

thanks,

Slim :unsure:

I had a Rossi in .357 when I started. I refinished the stock - really looked good - and I installed the parts from Steve's Gunz, including the dome that replaces the safety. I sold it last year when I got a '73 and got $500 on this wire for a really nice gun.

Archived