SASS Wire Forum

Now you can smell like Blood and Guts

I ain't sayin nothin.

Not here anyways. :rolleyes:

I can't help myself...

Don't ask, don't smell? :lol:

"Patton" the cologne joins the ranks of the Coast Guard's "Riptide," the Air Force's "Stealth" and the Marines' "Devil Dog" fragrances.

Okay, "Riptide" I get. Ocean breezes palm trees etc.

I imagine "Stealth" you probably can't smell at all.

"Patton" is just stupid.

But that "Devil Dog" cologne invokes memories of an old bulldog. I wouldn't like to smell like that. :blink:

a woodsy blend of lavender, citrus, coconut, cedar, sage, tonka bean, bergamot, lime, and the ad copy says it will "elicit feelings of majestic woodlands and endless horizons."

Lavender? Coconut? Tonka bean????

OK, I can sort of buy lavender helping to "elicit feelings of majestic woodlands," even though "woodlands" fall between grassland and forest biomes, and I think one would be hard pressed to call them "majestic." But coconut and tonka beans?

Why not cordite and napalm?

Few things ring as many memories as the smell of gun powder that has been expended.

That and the ringing in my ears. They didn't issue ear plugs in 1959.

One round and I was done listening for the day. Good thing I could lip read

what Sgt. Buxton was saying. :lol:

But that "Devil Dog" cologne invokes memories of an old bulldog. I wouldn't like to smell like that. :blink:

Intense and brave, Devil Dog is a finely crafted fusion of sandalwood, cedar, and citric spices. Classic yet modern, the undeniable sophistication stands as a proud reminder of honor and tradition.

and

lime, agarwood, vanilla, cedar, mint accords, citrus, ozonic accord, orange, sugar, sandalwood

NOTE: Accord: a perfume accord is a balanced blend of notes which lose their individual identity to create a completely new, unified odor impression.

Lavender? Coconut? Tonka bean????

OK, I can sort of buy lavender helping to "elicit feelings of majestic woodlands," even though "woodlands" fall between grassland and forest biomes, and I think one would be hard pressed to call them "majestic." But coconut and tonka beans?

From a foxhole, woodlands can look majestic I suppose. :unsure:

I had to look up Tonka beans! Amazonian. Perhaps reminiscent of chasing Che through the jungle?

Now when they come up with a fragrance derived from burning diesel fuel and poo, with a subtle hint of C-4 cooked Ham and Lima Beans, mud, and insect repellent....by God then they'll have something.

Please don't splash it around me though. :rolleyes:

From a foxhole, woodlands can look majestic I suppose. :unsure:

I had to look up Tonka beans! Amazonian. Perhaps reminiscent of chasing Che through the jungle?

Now when they come up with a fragrance derived from burning diesel fuel and poo, with a subtle hint of C-4 cooked Ham and Lima Beans, mud, and insect repellent....by God then they'll have something.

Please don't splash it around me though. :rolleyes:

No cosmoline?

I can only imagine what Patton might say about this.

I can only imagine it because typing it might get me banned.

EDIT No perfume for the navy? Figured they would be first, if ya know what I mean...

Navy, Coast Guard. What's the diff? :lol: :lol:

Navy, Coast Guard. What's the diff? :lol: :lol:

Thought you wasn't going to jump in this "smelly" bussiness, UB ? :unsure::blink::wacko:

Archived