SASS Wire Forum

Pepperbox derringer...

Deja Vous

Gosh,.. I want one so bad.. lol.. Just a litle 22 nothing fancy.. there is some place where I can win one right? lol

OOooooo.... have you met Penny Pepperbox...? Hers is COOL~! :rolleyes:

Nope.. but at a auction I went to with JJJ"s, Randys, and Peppers I got to see one go up for sale. Since then JJJ's fell in and out of love with one too.. lol.. They are just so cool... Nice gun...

Seen one at a local gun store, but it was a 36 cal pepperbox.

English made, ......around the 1850's I think.

Wants $1150.00 for it.

Real nice gun.

DJV,

You can ORDER a kit from DIXIE GUNWORKS and BUILD one... ;) they are way cool, AND SHOOT bp LOADS. B)pepperbox kit

check this out

http://www.civilwarpreservations.com/catpage.asp?CategoryType=handguns

Seen one at a gun show, it came with a tube of vasoline...

Why? Are they problematic?

Seen one at a local gun store, but it was a 36 cal pepperbox.

English made, ......around the 1850's I think.

Wants $1150.00 for it.

Real nice gun.

yeah.. they cost far too much... I guess some dreams are just meant to be dreams, huh Apaches?

DJV,

You can ORDER a kit from DIXIE GUNWORKS and BUILD one... ;) they are way cool, AND SHOOT bp LOADS. B)pepperbox kit

This is a .36... Do you have to reload or can you buy it? Reload would require the dies.. and begging JJJ's to help me.. lol... He might get tired of having a reloading partner if I beg too often.. lol

Oh, gee.. thanks so much.. that really helped.. you just increased my "want" list by about 10 grand.. lol... thanks.. I enjoyed the shopping spree really.. lol..

The Vaseline is to go over the balls. :lol:

Not looking at cap and ball..

This is a .36... Do you have to reload or can you buy it? Reload would require the dies.. and begging JJJ's to help me.. lol... He might get tired of having a reloading partner if I beg too often.. lol

That is .36 cal cap & ball.

Just check out Gunbroker.

I did a search for pepperbox and a whole bunch of different ones popped up.

Some were under 200.

Also check derringer and similar.

Of course you need a freindly local ffl dealer to do the transfer.

Or if you just want a decoration guns made before 1900 might be exempt

check your local laws.

And just because one dealer says something doesnt mean its true....

Best

CR

happy hunting

Gosh,.. I want one so bad.. lol.. Just a litle 22 nothing fancy.. there is some place where I can win one right? lol

Deja,

sent you an email.

Dutchman

If you are talking about the repros of the 4 barrel Sharps derringer, they are around, found mine at a local gun show, NIB, $150 and made in Texas.

So, where do you keep it and when are you gone on vacation? lol... Just kidding.. I can't find one.... darn it... But you have given me hope.. Sharps.. hmmm gotta go look that up now.. lol

Deja,

sent you an email.

Dutchman

Got it!! Very very cool.... I want one.. darn it... Thanks for the email.. you guys are so darn ornery.. sending me photos of guns.. you bunch of teasers.. lol... The first one I was I just wanted it.. So, here is my plan.. I am either getting married (perfect wedding gift for me) , pretending it is my birthday (again perfect birthday gift) , or moving and that means a going away fun gift.. you guys are all givers rights? Just playing with you guys.. lol.. But I do love that gun.

Archived