SASS Wire Forum

Serendipity...!

Oh, how I hate moving. But there can be some good things about it... :rolleyes:

Bought my li'l cottage in the country and moved a few weeks ago. Barely into unpacking, with long, exhausting hours at work, a week at Boy Scout camp, and hobblin' about on a broke foot. AND there are a ton of boxes that were never opened after an abrupt "change in family circumstances" move over ten years ago...

So I decide to do some rifle reloading for the first in a LONG time, and set out to dig up stuff I'd need... and DANG but I found some treasures! :lol:

Lessee... found my ancient Herter's case trimmer (but will have to order pilots, dangit!). The spare cylinder for my stainless '58 Remington clone - Woopie! The adjustable bench rest ol' Hank gave me about 25 years ago... another big :lol: for that one!!

TWO sets of .38-55 dies, and I don't even own a .38-55! "Well Dad... we're just gonna have to get one!" sez Sassparilla. (I do like the way that boy thinks. ^_^ )

Looked for a box, mebbe two, of empty .30-30 brass... and danged if I didn't find about 400+ of 'em - I'd forgotten how much fun I used to have as a young fella~! :blush: Still need to find the dies, though, before the FedEx dude delivers my "gilding metal" (condor-safe leadless *grump!*) boolits in a few days. But I'm sure they're in a box somewhere!

And why do I have a supply of .303 British ammo...? I know, I know... "Well, Golly, Dad...!" ;)

Sad, but a couple of things I'd hoped to come across I haven't seen... like my 1899 Abercrombie & Fitch "Yellowstone" split bamboo fly rod, and an old stag-handled skinning knife... But they may turn up! B)

Wonderin' what might surface next weekend... :)

Oh, how I hate moving. But there can be some good things about it... :rolleyes:

Bought my li'l cottage in the country and moved a few weeks ago. Barely into unpacking, with long, exhausting hours at work, a week at Boy Scout camp, and hobblin' about on a broke foot. AND there are a ton of boxes that were never opened after an abrupt "change in family circumstances" move over ten years ago...

So I decide to do some rifle reloading for the first in a LONG time, and set out to dig up stuff I'd need... and DANG but I found some treasures! :lol:

Lessee... found my ancient Herter's case trimmer (but will have to order pilots, dangit!). The spare cylinder for my stainless '58 Remington clone - Woopie! The adjustable bench rest ol' Hank gave me about 25 years ago... another big :lol: for that one!!

TWO sets of .38-55 dies, and I don't even own a .38-55! "Well Dad... we're just gonna have to get one!" sez Sassparilla. (I do like the way that boy thinks. ^_^ )

Looked for a box, mebbe two, of empty .30-30 brass... and danged if I didn't find about 400+ of 'em - I'd forgotten how much fun I used to have as a young fella~! :blush: Still need to find the dies, though, before the FedEx dude delivers my "gilding metal" (condor-safe leadless *grump!*) boolits in a few days. But I'm sure they're in a box somewhere!

And why do I have a supply of .303 British ammo...? I know, I know... "Well, Golly, Dad...!" ;)

Sad, but a couple of things I'd hoped to come across I haven't seen... like my 1899 Abercrombie & Fitch "Yellowstone" split bamboo fly rod, and an old stag-handled skinning knife... But they may turn up! B)

Wonderin' what might surface next weekend... :)

Treasures, huh? I shipped a bread bowl, old hand juicer, cookie jar, quilt, , my grandmothers hooser, a old trunk, and my grandfather bamboo rod with the reel, to my niece in Texas, other stuff. I dunno.. on a visit to my sister I had this odd feeling. About how in a minute things can change in your life. My sister made the comment, she has lost both of her children, and she said what will happen to my family treasures. On my way back to MO I stated thinking about my family stuff, and the fact that I lived miles away from family. The first person thru my doors if something happened would not be family.. and when I got home I packed up stuff to ship, and let family pick stuff up when they stopped by. I am so glad I gave it to family cuz it would have been gone if I would not have had that moment of looking into the future. While I have lost a lot, at least little of it was family.

Archived