SASS Wire Forum

Request for help at Old Fort Parker

Goody, SASS #26190

If you have shot OFP in the last 6 years you have met I Reckon and his lovely wife, Belle Kay. They have been doing nearly everything, except writing the scenarios, for the last 6 years. Well guess what? They're tired. The want a break, and they deserve it. They agreed to stay on through DOFP, this October. But after that if no one steps up, I guess the club will fold. We need some people who will dedicate at least the next year to the monthly running of the club.

Come on North Texas shooters. It's time to give back.

I hope someone heeds Goody's call for help. I am already heavily involved with clubs around Austin, and Groesbeck is just out of my range except for their fantastic annual match. I Reckon and his wife Belle Kay have shot with us down here several times, and I always enjoy shooting with them. They are great people, and I understand that they would want a break. I urge those who are in the area and enjoy this shoot to step up and take charge. I know I Reckon will make it an easy transition.

Yea, that's pretty much the shape of things.

I dunno, maybe it's time a few clubs laid down. We have so many choices in this area that participation at all clubs suffer. With the dollar going to hell in a handbasket people are staying home more. Plus the hot weather. There are a lot of things that get in the way. When I started a dozen years ago there were 4 clubs that I shot every month. Now I can choose between probably 10-12 in the same driving range. Give people choices and they will make them. Here's one more choice. Step up or the Fort Parker shoot goes away. Your fault, my fault, nobodies fault. It don't matter, it just won't be there.

I probably could not "take over" completely from I Reckon and Belle Kay, but after the Drill schedule for the new FY is posted I will have a better idea of what I could contribute. The change from the 3rd weekend to the 1st really messed me up being able to spend as musch time as I would have liked to this past year.

I probably could not "take over" completely from I Reckon and Belle Kay, but after the Drill schedule for the new FY is posted I will have a better idea of what I could contribute. The change from the 3rd weekend to the 1st really messed me up being able to spend as musch time as I would have liked to this past year.

There was talk of moving back to the third weekend. Sara and all concerned are wide open for ideas.

There was talk of moving back to the third weekend. Sara and all concerned are wide open for ideas.

That would be a big step forward on the time I could contribute to the cause. Terrible how work gets in the way of things.

Hello the Fort: It is easy for me to sit down here in Beaumont, Texas and give others advice on who should step up and give I Recon and Belle Kay a needed rest, seeing as how I'm 250 miles away and safe from nomination. But to let Fort Parker slip away would be a terrible blow to cowboy shooting. I'm not just speaking of Texas history, there is that for sure, but to loose one of the golden venues of SASS shooting in this state is too bitter to conteplate. I have shot DOFP for 5 years and each time I marvel at the local club and the leaders who put this great shoot together each year. You talk about spirit of the game--well I Recon and his crew are all that and a bag of chips. I can't imagine how much work it is to keep a first rate venue like Fort Parker running on a monthly basis much less for the super yearly shoot DOFP has become. I will be at DOFP 2011 and would be glad to pick up a paint brush or hammer if that would help out. Please dont let this quality club just fade away! :(

Your pard S.G.

I don't post much, but here goes.

1. No matter what Shotglass and I will help assure the annual match continues. We both have experience running major matches so this is our first commit.

2. I will discuss what other help is needed with the Fort and if at all possible will make a solution happen.

It's been a very hot year. All club have had a tough time of it. The economy has hammered us all.

Regards,

TJD

If we could switch it back to the third weekend I could take over for a year. I'm sure Blind Bob will help out and so will Rattlesnake. I don't want to see this club fold it's one of my favorite places to shoot.

Colt

Just got the training schedule for the new FY. BTA (Battle Training Assemblies) are once again on the 1st weekend. So, if the shoot stays the same, I'm pretty much out of it.

If we could switch it back to the third weekend I could take over for a year. I'm sure Blind Bob will help out and so will Rattlesnake. I don't want to see this club fold it's one of my favorite places to shoot.

Colt

+1 on the help.

Thanks Colt. As I said, Sara is OK with us moving back to third weekend. My ugly brother, BB, has already stated that he be happy to stay on as range master. Of course they're will be others to help as well. But the main thing is someone who will say for definite sure that they will be there every month to run the match.

Thanks Colt. As I said, Sara is OK with us moving back to third weekend. My ugly brother, BB, has already stated that he be happy to stay on as range master. Of course they're will be others to help as well. But the main thing is someone who will say for definite sure that they will be there every month to run the match.

Goody,

I just talked to Nichols Creek and he's willing to help if we can move back to the 3rd weekend. We can talk about this and work it out. Here is my # 832-472-3278

Thanks,

Colt

Goody,

I just talked to Nichols Creek and he's willing to help if we can move back to the 3rd weekend. We can talk about this and work it out. Here is my # 832-472-3278

Thanks,

Colt

I'll give Reckon a call and have him get in touch with ya'll. Thanks in dvance, and I promise you'll have help.

Archived