SASS Wire Forum

Beech 18 at night

I did not realize, when I posted the Matt Younkin Beech 18 fly-by, on the other thread, that tragedy had again occured to one of the premier aerobatics groups in the country.
Most followers of the airshow circuit, know that Jimmy Franklin and Bobby Younkin [Masters of Disaster] lost their lives in July, 2005, in Canada in a tragic accident.
Sadly, Amanda Younkin-Franklin [bobbys daughter, who married Jimmys son] was injured in a crash in Brownsville TX,on March 12, this year. She tragically passed away on May 28th.
She is the voice on the PA system describing her brother Matts aerobatics on the video.
May God Bless

I did not realize, when I posted the Matt Younkin Beech 18 fly-by, on the other thread, that tragedy had again occured to one of the premier aerobatics groups in the country.

Most followers of the airshow circuit, know that Jimmy Franklin and Bobby Younkin [Masters of Disaster] lost their lives in July, 2005, in Canada in a tragic accident.

Sadly, Amanda Younkin-Franklin [bobbys daughter, who married Jimmys son] was injured in a crash in Brownsville TX,on March 12, this year. She tragically passed away on May 28th.

She is the voice on the PA system describing her brother Matts aerobatics on the video.

May God Bless

Rest In Peace in God's loving arms, Amanda.

Flying will probably never be totally risk free; I hope. There is no feeling on earth like pulling back the stick and watching the earth fall away beneath you. For those of you who truly love it; may you never fail in your mission to return to the earth safely.

God Bless.

Archived