SASS Wire Forum

O/T Things Ya See in Movies and TV

Curley Cole, SASS #56849

Dharma and Greg :->

Anyone that describes herself as a "6 foot blonde bitch with an attitude" as Jenna Elfman does, gets my vote.

The thing I think that got me more than anything else is that without some way to pause the program, there is no way it could be read.

Were not many DVRs around when the show first aired.

One of our first office MACs was a Mac +. When you asked it to shut down and depressed one of the function keys(I can't remember which one) it would show the "Happy, smiling MAC" icon then a little monster ran onto the screen, ate the icon and the screen would go blank. None of the others we subsequently bought had this particular easter egg.

Remember the old "gorilla" game hidden in the program.(windows I think)

curley

Well, Not funny stuff like that but I like watching for stuff that shouldn't be in a movie, especially period movies. In The Alamo (Original 4 hour Version) there's scene where Santa Ana and his officers were sitting on their horses watching the battle and off in the distance behind them you can barely see the local school Bus going down the road between the trees. Also in same movie there quite a few Mexican soldiers who supposedly were shot get back up and attack some wearing wrist watches! Seen Indians with watches in other movies. Then there's the WWII movies where houses have TV antennas ect. And Jet trails in the sky of westerns.

Yup. Along the same lines, in 'For a Few Dollars More' you can see cars driving in the background through the train windows in the opening scenes with Lee Van Cleef.

If I got home early from work, my daughter and I would watch "Animaniacs" together on TV.

This Steven Spielberg series had a take-off on the "Goodfellas" with 3 pigeons, complete with a statue of Martin Scorcese, and crazy stuff inserted into the closing credits, like "interest free checking" after "animation checking", and "mark down" after "mark up"...

It went so fast, like Dharma and Greg, you had to tape it to see it all.

Who can forget Wacko burping the Blue Danube?

Many years ago I found myself watching an old John Wayne WWII movie with my dad. In one scene a TBM flew low over the "action" low enough you could read the markings. It was one of those scenes cut from news reel footage. My dad became very excited. He kept repeating "that's me, that's my plane." I said to him, that is a TBM but it can't be your plane, just one like it." He said "No I read the markings. That is my plane." He never did receive any residuals from John Wayne.

If thst ain't cool, nuttin is!

RRR

One of the things that really gets me is someone gets his lever action rifle out of the scabord that is on his horse and levers it. No shell is ejected which is ok. He is carrying it in a safe mode. But he runs about 15 ft and levers it agan and still, no shell ejection. So he runs over behind a building or water trough and levers it agan. Still no shell ejection but this time he fires the rifle which is the first time he has fired it. Gene Autry can shoot the gun out of an outlaws hand while he is dismounting Champ and on the run but, can't hit another outlaw while standing still behind a rock or building.

One of the things that really gets me is someone gets his lever action rifle out of the scabord that is on his horse and levers it. No shell is ejected which is ok. He is carrying it in a safe mode. But he runs about 15 ft and levers it agan and still, no shell ejection. So he runs over behind a building or water trough and levers it agan. Still no shell ejection but this time he fires the rifle which is the first time he has fired it. Gene Autry can shoot the gun out of an outlaws hand while he is dismounting Champ and on the run but, can't hit another outlaw while standing still behind a rock or building.

How often does someone draw and cock his pistol, then lower the hammer and holster? And how is it that a .44WCF will drop a man like a sack of feed, but apparently cannot penetrate the flimsiest barrier?

On the opening credits of Pinky and the Brain, Brain can be seen working on the "Grand Unified Theory of Everything Made Simple" The solution: THX=1138

On an early episode of Magnum PI, TC tracks down the liscence plate of a car Magnum was trying to find. They decided it was a dead end when it turned out to owned by some cop with 5-0. His name: Magarrit.

Anytime you watch a Red Sox game on TV, if you see the scoreboard on the Wall, you will see some dots and dashes in the borders. These are Morse code for TAY and JRY, Thomas A Yawkey and Jean R Yawkey, the longtime owners of the club.

William Shatner's character on the cop show TJ Hooker is the reverse of the name of his character on Star Trek, JT (James Tiberius) Kirk. This one is probably a coincidence.

In Ballot Box Bunny, Bugs Bunny is setting out a picnic lunch for people. The crate of Soda Pop he is setting out is labed "MOXIE" This is the only know product placement of a real product in a Looney Tunes short.

Archived