SASS Wire Forum

Would you?

This one

EMF Company, Inc. is proud to offer the SASS "Off Duty" Double Action Revolver, manufactured exclusively for EMF by Charter Arms Co. They are available in three color choices: Silver, Gold, or the SASS "Chic Lady" in Pink. They come with the SASS Logo laser etched in the right side of the frame and are serial numbered to your Single Action Shooting Society member number! These are 100% American made, and feature 5-shot, swing out cylinders. These are available in .38SP and are rated for factory +P ammunition. The 2" barrels have eight-groove rifling instead of the standard six grooves. The front sight on top of the barrel is a wide ramp, which is perfect for high visibility and quick target acquisition. These revolvers have recoil friendly, neoprene grips; and are ergonomically designed for double action firing. The hammer is enclosed in the frame which makes this design "snag free"! The triggers are wide and smooth for easy operation. The frames are manufactured using heat treated 7075 aluminum. Allow 4 - 6 week delivery.

I don't even understand why they would expect it to be a good seller.

Ha!

Y'all see the article in the chronicle offering a Charter Arms "Custom Sass" revolver?

Would you pay $150 more because it says SASS on it??? :unsure:

I buy and sell guns faster than the Road Runner so I don't want anything special on guns that I buy. I don't like commeratives cause they're hard to get rid of and I'm sure a SASS anything on it would hamper the sale.

I have had my Smoke Wagons for 3 years now, that's a record for me!!!!:) Rye

I buy and sell guns faster than the Road Runner so I don't want anything special on guns that I buy. I don't like commeratives cause they're hard to get rid of and I'm sure a SASS anything on it would hamper the sale.

I have had my Smoke Wagons for 3 years now, that's a record for me!!!!:) Rye

The Road Runner buys guns? I thought he just dealt in cases of ACME Dynamite.

Charter Arms has some strange ideas. In the late 1980s, they decided that the world was ready and eager for a revolver chambered for the 9mm Federal round. This is a rimmed 9mm round, identical in all aspects to the 9mm parabellum with the exception of the rim.

From 1989 to 1991(TTBOMK) they produced such a pistol for this round in their short barreled 5 shot package. The world was not ready and the whole thing was a bust. There are pistols still out there marked 9mm Federal but no ammunition is available.

You can take 38 Smith and Wesson brass, size it thru a 9mm sizing die but while using a 38 S & W shell holder. You then use the recipe for 9mm parabellum for the powder charge. You flare and seat the bullet with 9mm dies but for satisfactory performance in the revolver the bullet must be crimped in a 38 S & W crimping die.

After going thru all of this you have a gun and bullet that are sub 38 special in performance.

How do I know all this? I bought a pistol in perfect condition from a local pawn shop for $89, knowing what I would have to do to shoot it.

After some time of messing with it I happened to make contact with Gary Reeder of Flagstaff Arizona(who makes some beautiful guns) and in the process of dealing with him on another matter, I asked and he re-chambered it for 38 Special.

Like I said Charter Arms gets some strange ideas. I do think it is a bit of a compliment that they think there are enough of us that might be willing to buy to make such an offer.

If it had an action job maybe.

Archived