SASS Wire Forum

22 Marlin bolt and Mossberg and Sons 22

Deja Vous

So this weeks toys would be a mossberg 22 marked United States Property.... that I need to find a clip for.. and another bolt action 22 Glenfield made by marlin that needs a bolt. I will be looking for the two parts and then a good cleaning and off to the range to try out the toys... The Moss is very short.. the Marlin is long and for once if I can find the bolt I just might keep the gun.. Dad keeps trying to give me guns.,. This longer Marling with sites instead of a scope feels pretty comfy to me..Nice little squirrel gun.. lol So,,, where do I go??? I think I will ask JJJ's tomorrow where to find parts... He will know... Nice guns.. nice weekend.. and now off to dream land..

Check here: http://www.havlinsales.com/22rifle.htm

That is "the"place to go for old Mossberg rimfire parts.

Yep.. it is a 44M... you are correct. When I put the clip in it falls right back out.. lol.. I think someone else found out how much one costs.. My other one the Marlin is missing a bolt... It's a Glenfield Model 20... nice little gun... and I hope to match up, or buy a new bolt for it. Since Dad is paying I am extra frugal, I hate to spend my own money on me.. let alone someone elses. I might keep the marlin.. it has little squrrels the stock,.. looks more like a chicks gun.. lol. And it does not have a scope.. just sights.. and a longer barrel than the Moss. thanks Subs for your imput..

DV

If I remenber right , the mag for the US 44 , has the mag catch on the magazine , and it is spring loaded , about 1/2 in or so above the bottem of the mag. on the back side . It has been several years since I had one .

So if you have the proper mag , it might be all that needs to be done is replace the spring for the catch . I think it is a coil spring , that is held in place by 2 little tabs , one on the mag body and the other on the catch .

It could be a easy fix and cheap too .

I hope this is right and it helps .

CB

For the Marlin, try a Bolt for the Marlin (Glenfield) Model 25. It appears to be the same rifle.

I checked with Gun Parts and while they are sold out, the parts numbers are identical...

DV

If I remenber right , the mag for the US 44 , has the mag catch on the magazine , and it is spring loaded , about 1/2 in or so above the bottem of the mag. on the back side . It has been several years since I had one .

So if you have the proper mag , it might be all that needs to be done is replace the spring for the catch . I think it is a coil spring , that is held in place by 2 little tabs , one on the mag body and the other on the catch .

It could be a easy fix and cheap too .

I hope this is right and it helps .

CB

Not sure Chicks.. I wish I was as good as you guys at guns and gun parts but I am not .. and I will not pretend to be. I can snap the clip in, but when I work the bolt the clip falls out. Behind the clip there is a tap looking thinger.. but it seems to just be there, not move or anything cool like that. There is a spring inside the clip for the bullets. I am not sure if the tab things on the top are wrong, or if the whole darn clip is. So, I will include all I can in hopes that someone can say.. hey... GIRL>> here is what the clip should look like.. lol Serial number 44025 ... O.F. Mossburg & Sons, Inc.. 42MB and some little dodah inside of ()... I thought it was a 44 but it appears with a loop ot say 42. So, back to the link provided to see if the clip is different..

For the Marlin, try a Bolt for the Marlin (Glenfield) Model 25. It appears to be the same rifle.

I checked with Gun Parts and while they are sold out, the parts numbers are identical...

So my only hope is finding a used part? Is that what you are saying? If so... then I better get to more gun shows. I intended to fix the Marlin and the Mossberg this year.

DV

From what you have said , it is missing or the spring is broken , that should not be hard to fix .

The mags are the same in the 42 and 44 models

Back to the mag .

first thing to do is free up the catch , spray it with some PB Blaster or something like that , let it set for a bit then , spray it again , start trying to work it back and forth on the piviot pin , it will free up in time with a little help , when you get it free , put a spring in between the body of the mag and the catch arm, above the piviot pin .

I wish I had the S42(M) back it was very accurate , but one of my brothers some how lost it . That should be an EAZY fix , I think you will like it when you get it running .

CB

DV

From what you have said , it is missing or the spring is broken , that should not be hard to fix .

The mags are the same in the 42 and 44 models

Back to the mag .

first thing to do is free up the catch , spray it with some PB Blaster or something like that , let it set for a bit then , spray it again , start trying to work it back and forth on the piviot pin , it will free up in time with a little help , when you get it free , put a spring in between the body of the mag and the catch arm, above the piviot pin .

I wish I had the S42(M) back it was very accurate , but one of my brothers some how lost it . That should be an EAZY fix , I think you will like it when you get it running .

CB

chicks.. up and running or just holding it in my hot little hands make me as happy as a clam. lol.. course you know that cuz you know me from MO days.. lol. I really like the little squirrel on the stock.. lol... and I like the longer barrel. Course I would want the gun with the bolt missing and they are so darn hard to find. Geesh... I always pick out t he impossbile and pretend it is possible.. lol Okay.. time to find my ruby red slippers.. I am not giving up..

Archived