SASS Wire Forum

Cowboys & Aliens

I borrowed yore line while waiting to buy tickets for the movie today. Cracked everyone up!

I liked the movie alot!! Will buy it when it comes out.

CPK

Anyone remember Gene Autry's "The Phantom Empire"? Or "Firefly"?

...just in case you think mixing sci-fi and westerns is new; it's not.

I enjoyed Gene's as a kid, and this one as an adult. Probably no Academy Awards will be bestowed on "Cowboys and Aliens", but it was a pleasant couple of hours of escape from reality.

I will buy the DVD, too.

Wes....you to huh?..they fooled me too........... :huh: altho I did like the movie... :blush:

............can you believe TL told me to go see it......he don't like much of any movies...and he thought it was great. ;):DB)

Best regards..Wolf

Saw it with the wife. I liked it and am happy we went. She seems less satisfied though.

Oddly enough, the firearms in this movie are very well done and period correct. The firearms coach, however, seems to have been weak. Most guns seem to lack recoil and they do not appear to produce much noise nor smoke. Target practice indoors? No.

:blink: OK I have not seen the movie...and do not intend to....but....my question is why would anyone go and see something this fictional and as a western ...dumb...and then on the SASS Wire condem a film series such as Lonesome Dove as being inacurate as is done here about every six months or so...just asking?????

:blink: OK I have not seen the movie...and do not intend to....but....my question is why would anyone go and see something this fictional and as a western ...dumb...and then on the SASS Wire condem a film series such as Lonesome Dove as being inacurate as is done here about every six months or so...just asking?????

Hmm.

"Yeah, John Wayne uses 1892's and model P's in movies set during the Crusades. Totally unrealistic. Ruins the movie for me. Say, how ya like my new Rugers?"

Why see it? Why not. If we want more westerns we have to support them or they will not make them.

Aliens not believable? Heck everybody knows they built the pyramids. Just watch Star Gate. Ya don't think then Aliens quit visiting for roughly 4000 years did ya? It is a movie who cares about the accuracy and believability.

Yes me and Tullamore saw it and loved it. Nothing like a movie that is a fast ride. Not quite as fast as Battle LA which was a running gun fight from the start, but still a good fast paced movie.

I saw it and liked it. The plot was good, the special effects were great, as to be expected by LucasFilms ILM.

Regardless of the historicaly accurate firearms, costumes, etc, it was a fun flick. I'll see it again when it comes out on DVD.

As I said on another post, James Bond, Indiana Jones & the BAD Immoral from the originial Highlander, what more could you ask for?

shenny

see ya in Vegas

This movie was playing in the Town of Rocky Mountain House at the same time as the Canadian Championship Cowboy shoot and the SASS Regional shoot was taking place so, a bunch of the cowboy shooters and wives all dressed in costume, sans guns, went to the show.

Archived