SASS Wire Forum

vintage toy train pics

I don't have a clue how to post pic's.

I still have my American Flyer I got about 1960. It's a 1938 2-6-4 HUDSON freight and hopper, with box, tank, flat and caboose. The loco and hopper are aluminum cast and the rolling stock are sheet steel. An 8 year old kid I used to know decided the loco needed new paint. Well, that kid corrected that paint job 45 years later.

Runs good

TF

I just found my old circa 1950 train set (Lionel, I believe) while cleaning out my Mom's house. They were up in the attic in a box under the insulation!! I'll try to get some pics taken tonight.

Carolwood Pacific

CPRR and NYCRR

Virgina Truckee

This isn't vintage, but it is of a vintage train. It is the Carolwood Pacific. It is the Disney train. From the 1/8th scale he had in his back yard and the basis of the trains he put into Disneyland. (ps as trivia, can anyone tell the names of the first two locomotives to run the Disneyland Railroad?

The second pix is of my other locomotive. I got it many years ago, because if I got a whole train set I would prob. go hog wild. (afraid to see where this set will take me.) Especially after 4Trod "made" me go to a train show with him.

And finally is my "christmas tree layout". Got this G set at a OSH about 10 years ago for under a $100. Train, cars and track....is really a cool train..me and our cat loves it..

lets see some of you'alls other trains....any "real" steam???

curley

How's about a little trivia:

When you are boarding the Disneyland RailRoad at Frontierland, you can hear a telegraph key clicking from inside the train station...want to know what it is saying in Morse Code?

"To all who come to Disneyland, Welcome.

Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future."

Quote from Walt Disney on Opening Day...

Hmmmm I never knew that...

curley

Come around Christmas time, I'll post some pics of Lionel trains, including a rare M-10000 3 car set, Sante Fe, diesel passenger, Hudson, and Pennsy steam trubine from late 40s early 50s. Also Plasticville, and Littletown buildings for the layout. At present only set-up the trains for Holidays and all the nieces and nephews that come to visit. They're not my childhood trains. MT

I believe Train Robber was interested in pics of you guys as little tykes playin with your iron horses.

pictures of yourselves with your childhood trains

Carolwood Pacific

CPRR and NYCRR

Virgina Truckee

This isn't vintage, but it is of a vintage train. It is the Carolwood Pacific. It is the Disney train. From the 1/8th scale he had in his back yard and the basis of the trains he put into Disneyland. (ps as trivia, can anyone tell the names of the first two locomotives to run the Disneyland Railroad?

The second pix is of my other locomotive. I got it many years ago, because if I got a whole train set I would prob. go hog wild. (afraid to see where this set will take me.) Especially after 4Trod "made" me go to a train show with him.

And finally is my "christmas tree layout". Got this G set at a OSH about 10 years ago for under a $100. Train, cars and track....is really a cool train..me and our cat loves it..

lets see some of you'alls other trains....any "real" steam???

curley

That new train has more colors than the Doo Dah Parade...and I didn't MAKE you go anywhere. I darn near had to chain you and Joe to a fire plug to keep you in check.

4Trod

As I recall you did have a hard time keepin track (like that play on words..) of me and Joe....like takin kids to a candy store..haaaaaa

and I would post pix of me and my train as a kid. but you see I got my train when I was about 7-8 years old. Mom was a single workin mom and we didn't take a whole lot of pix. And if that wasnt enough, the year I got my train was the year that they had the big floods up in the Central Valley (california)...she drove about 10 miles one way out to our ranch house to get my Christmas presents (read that Toy Train) against the flood advice so I could get my Christmas...

So, pictures were not high on her list of things to do...

so, what you get is me showin the stuff I get now..

merry Christmas...

curley

Archived