SASS Wire Forum

Shabbat Shalom

Aunt Jen

Shabbat Shalom, y'all. I'm not orthodox, over here. But it's a great time of peace and happiness, and it gets into you over time.

Peace be with you all.

And remember: You are not supposed to shoot bank robbers on the sabbath. :)

You know, I'm sorry. This thread runs the risk of being religious, and I didn't think of that when I started it. I just meant to say a pleasant howdy for something that's meant to convey peace, but it is also religious.

So please, can we stop commenting on this thread? I don't want it to be a difficult subject for anyone.

Sorry.

Pleasantness to everyone in whatever form.

But please, lets discontinue this thread.

Sorry.

Aunt Jen, while the thread "could" become religious if allowed to, it seems when people are aware of that possibility, they often avoid it.

One can say Shabbat Shalom, Godspeed, Namaste, or any number of expressions. If done so with sincerity and respect, it should be taken that way.

In Kuwait, I was greeted with "As Salamu Alaykum" on a number of occasions, a couple of times complete with handshakes and cheek kisses. I always felt honored that someone thought enough of me to do so, despite the cultural discomfort.

I take your wishes for a peaceful sabbath the same way, despite my own beliefs.

OK, Auntie, I won't post here.

See, this is not a posting. It is a figment of your imagination.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain over there.

He is a figment too. No maybe he is a Newton.

A fig Newton perhaps? Care for a cookie?

Cookies and milk are a PEACEFUL lunch break.

Or you could have an apple instead. But, and there is always a but,

apples are noisy and noise causes distress. Have the cookies and milk.

:)

You know, I'm sorry. This thread runs the risk of being religious, and I didn't think of that when I started it. I just meant to say a pleasant howdy for something that's meant to convey peace, but it is also religious.

So please, can we stop commenting on this thread? I don't want it to be a difficult subject for anyone.

Sorry.

Pleasantness to everyone in whatever form.

But please, lets discontinue this thread.

Sorry.

The "Cowboy Way" is my religion! ;)

BSD

OK, Auntie, I won't post here.

See, this is not a posting. It is a figment of your imagination.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain over there.

He is a figment too. No maybe he is a Newton.

A fig Newton perhaps? Care for a cookie?

Cookies and milk are a PEACEFUL lunch break.

Or you could have an apple instead. But, and there is always a but,

apples are noisy and noise causes distress. Have the cookies and milk.

:)

:lol::lol::lol:

Not Jewish but "Back atcha".....

AJ, I got no problem with good moral guidance from a higher power. As long as we the same at heart with good intentions. With risk of offending someone I still pray may God bless you.

Wildman

The good heart and the good intentions are the important part. As long as that is at the heart of it, I am not offended.

Shalom to all..and may the good Lord bless all of us. These days I can only imagine He would say back to us -' why?' However, we must remain faithful and never give up hope - and that hope is only found through Him. For those of you who wish to strip our armed forces, government, and society the allowance and freedom to believe, pray, and worship ~ looking at the distress in our country do you really think that's a good thing, especially when those values and principles are what made this country the greatest this Earth has ever known. Flame away all ya want - this is my only input here.

http://www.usflag.org/foldflag.html

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived