SASS Wire Forum

Targets

Rectangles are the most efficient use of steel. Circles are nice for variety, but you do waste some material.

Diamonds are harder to hit, but efficient use of material. A Cowboy, Indian, etc are nice for looking at but will result in more misses.

And Indian head is a good compromise - looks western and is similar to shoot as a circle.

Those you can get the figure from a standard image and just "up-size."

Card suits suck as targets.

Is this for you or for a club? 16x16 squares and diamonds are nice and probably the cheapest. With my practice targets I have two holes: one is where I can hang it as a square and the other is where I can hang it as a diamond. Also, our club has the rifle targets on taller stand than the pistol targets but for my practice I have only three of the smaller stands a friend made me.

Rectangles are the most efficient use of steel. Circles are nice for variety, but you do waste some material.

Diamonds are harder to hit, but efficient use of material. A Cowboy, Indian, etc are nice for looking at but will result in more misses.

And Indian head is a good compromise - looks western and is similar to shoot as a circle.

Those you can get the figure from a standard image and just "up-size."

Card suits suck as targets.

Marauder is dead on. I found a buffalo head I liked on a Google Images search. I copied the picture, printed it, and had it enlarged to about 18 inches. I took this to a steel fabricator who scanned it into his plasma cutter and made us three targets. They make a nice break from the squares.

Archived