SASS Wire Forum

Fast and Furious Tied to DEA/Cartel Deal

I'm trapped in a bad dream......

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/05/americas-third-wardid-us-cut-deal-with-sinaloa-cartel/

If this turns out to be true.....

The sources are suspect, but right now, I'm open to the suggestion that yet another arm of the DOJ has been complicit in arming and aiding a favored drug cartel, in exchange for information that allowed them to stage big drug busts for domestic headlines (while the favored cartel shipped tons of poison into the US unmolested).

I sense a gathering storm.

LL

I wish our congress would remember that special word impeachment and then follow through with a tried and convicted.

Well, we don't know (yet) how high the responsibility goes for these acts. If you read the linked Motion filed by the cartel member/informant, he claims that his deal with DEA was "aproved at the highest levels" of our government. That's far from definitive.

I don't want to make this a political discussion. According to these revelations (which are still unproven allegations by a drug lord trying to avoid a prosection in the US courts, and who has every motivation to fabricate and deceive in order to create a defense) this cooperative deal with DEA began around 1995; that puts at least the informant relationship back in the prior administration. We don't yet know who approved the "get out of jail free" cards for the cartel, the weapons smuggling, or the decision to conceal information regarding favored cartels from the Mexican authorities.

These acts, if true, are horrendous; what is absolutely crazy, however, is that people in high positions of authority could either approve of them or be oblivious to them.

Am I being naive here? Is this the way the real world works? Should we all wink and nod?

LL

LL, as much as it saddens me to say this, I don't think the "storm" will be any more than the proverbial "tempest in a teapot," at most - even though this should be larger than Iran/Contra.

Why...? Simple - because of the group in power. If the positions were reversed, there would have been thunder and lightning from clear blue skies... :(

I doubt this is the first time any government has made a deal with the devil.

It's only that when you couple this with other recent and linked events do we see the depravity of our elected officials.

Push the agenda and ignore the cost in lives lost and ruined ... bend the law ... outright lie.

With this revelation it only shows that there are as many criminals in grey wool Armani suits as orange jumpsuits.

Archived