SASS Wire Forum

Monthly match attendance, posse size

Grizzly Dave

What is the average attendance at your monthly matches?

What is the average posse size at those matches?

This is not meant to be a discussion of what the ideal posse size is or is not, that's been done before.

I'm just curious, I like to look at clubs websites and score sheets even though I may never shoot there, see what names I recognize and what not.

I'll go first. I shoot two monthly matches each month.

1) limited range space, only two bays, two stages are shot in each bay.

- Average attendance 40 - 50

- Posses are usually evenly divided, so 20-25 on each

2) larger CAS only range

- Average attendance 100

- posse size guess around 20

This is not meant to be a discussion of what the ideal posse size is or is not, that's been done before.

I'm just curious, I like to look at clubs websites and score sheets even though I may never shoot there, see what names I recognize and what not.

2) larger CAS only range

- Average attendance 100

The places I shoot usually have posses of 12-15. Maybe one or two more. Rarely 20. At Powder Creek average attendance is between 50 and 60. If the attendance is below 48 or below you can bank on 3 posses. If it is much larger I can expect 4 posses. In June I was on a posse of 8 or 9 at one small club. That was hard work and slower than a slightly larger posse.

We have 5 fully functioning bays and a lot of people who can run a posse so striving for optimal posse size is really possible. Chancey Dewey and the gang are great about creating really good sized posses.

In the vicinity of 25-30. Our break point is 22. Over 22=2 posses

I shoot at our home club and at two others.

TWENTY TO TWENTY-FIVE

TEN TO 12

2) larger CAS only range

- Average attendance 100

2) larger CAS only range

- Average attendance 100

At the Crow River Rangers we have typically have had 85-100 shooters, this year attendance has been down. We have 6 bays and usually run 6 posses usually 12-18 per posse.

Depends on how many show up for the match, usually have 2 posse's and sometimes 3, have been on posse's that not everyone works and helps out, makes a long day when you are having to work while others sit back, and before you say it, yes we tell them to help out.

I would say at the 3 clubs I belong to that the average is around 30 to 35 shooters, we have had more, depends on what is going on with the family thing, 2 of the clubs shoot on Sat and the other shoots on Sun.

All for now JD Trampas

I shoot regularly at my home club and at two others.

Our club and another Idaho club shoot bi monthly all through the year.

Attendance generally approximates 20 to 25 shooters with a low of six and a maximum of fifty.

All shoot eight stages,

Two have six bays and one has four.

Posses range from a low of 8 to a maximum of 15.

We usually have 25 to 30+. Shoot in three bays, two stages per bay.

Posse size ranges 8-12 shooters with three posses.

We do use a LTO, it just happens to be the shooter beside you at the loading table :D

Our Wild Bunch match has 10-12 shooters. Shoot six stages on one bay. LTO same as above, and we clear the shooter on the line since we already have to clear the pistol. Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

At Shady Creek Shootist..(Little York/Monmouth area) there are usually anywhere from 30 to 40 shooters.

usually make 2 posse's.. have a full 6 bays for stages..

At River City Regualtors..(Chillicothe area) they seem to have 10 to 15 shooters..

Usually makes one posse.. also have full 5-6-7 bays to set up if need be.. plus our Cowboy Town..

Rance <_<

Thinkin' when there's 25 shooters..

Almost too big fer 1 posse.

Almost too small for 2 :blush:

We have 7 bays but normally use 5 bays and shoot six stages. In the summer we shoot two stages on one of our two bays that has a roof. Shade is a good thing!! In the winter we shoot 2 stages on our Open Range.

We shoot on both Sat and Sun so the Sat attendance is usually about 30 - 2 posses of 15 (if more show up we split into 3 posses of 10+) on Sun we usually have 20-25 so 2 posses of 12 or so.

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Grizz,

To answer your question. We go to so many different ranges that I would say posses 12 to 20 are the norm. Always depends on how many come and how many posses they break id down into. I dont think any of them try to have posses less than 12.

Painted Filly

Bart, I'm glad you answered, I was looking at Powder Creek Cowboys when the questions came to mind.

When we're not at an away shoot Fannie and I are at Powder Creek as well. Grizz, don't look too closely, you'll see how bad I been shootin lately! :huh: But as most have said, match size varies from club to club. Posse size varies as well, but usually 12-18 per.

Gateway,

Going to be cool at the Cowboys tomorrow!!!!! :)

Painted Filly

would love to be there BUT SWMBO is going hiking with her BFF for about 4 days next week and as the designated driver, camp manager, cook and bottle washer I have to get the camper ready to go. And Saturday is the day.

Have fun, shoot straight and be safe

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived