SASS Wire Forum

45lc load

Mokaac Kid

we'e not allowed to post actual reloading info here,but maybe someone will pm you with some. I don't use it or I would do that for you.

Howdy

Bullseye may not be the best choice for powder in 45 Colt. A charge of Bullseye will take up very little room in the huge 45 Colt case, leaving a lot of empty space. 45 Colt performs best when more of that empty space has been taken up. If you want to go with a traditional powder you might be better served with Unique, which will take up more room in the cavernous 45 Colt case.

Alliant Powder

Didn't know we couldn't share load data on here. It makes sense why we shouldn't. Thanks for the info I did get. I'll research the powder company web sites.

Started shooting 45lc and need a starting load with bullseye powder. Any suggestions or that do you use.

The 45LC is a hard caliber to load for, without a lot of blowback I find that the top listed load of Clays does about as well as any I ever tried. That's what I use including a Federal Large Pistol Magnum primer and a 200 gr. bullet.

Go to your local dealer and ask for the FREE Hodgdon Basic Reloading Manual. This book has a special Cowboy Action section, listing loads for about all Cowboy Action Calibers. Or call Hodgdon's Customer Service Desk,(913-362-9455), and they will send you one.

RBK

Yeah, Bullseye is just not a powder that is suitable for the .45 Colt. You will find none of the major loading manuals show a load for it with most .45 bullet weights. There is a reason for that. About the fastest powder I commonly use in .45 Colt is 700X for light bullet loads. But Clays, Unique, Trail Boss and TiteGroup are a lot more suitable powders for this humongous case.

Of course, BP is the RIGHT powder for the case. And a revolver is the RIGHT firearm for the cartridge. Just as Colts Pat. Firearm company designed it.

Good luck, GJ

I shoot the "right" powder...pretty simple too :lol: Fill the case almost to the top, seat the bullet for a little powder compression and get to shootin :ph34r: Oh...did I say I use BP :wub::lol:

I do use AJ's Cowboy Specials...have been for 3 or 4 years. :wub:

If you're shooting those .45 Colts in revolvers, you might try Adirondack Jack's .45 Cowboy Special brass, .45 Colt brass shortened to .45 ACP length. This brass will not likely work in your long gun but is very good in the revolvers.

If you're shooting those .45 Colts in revolvers, you might try Adirondack Jack's .45 Cowboy Special brass, .45 Colt brass shortened to .45 ACP length. This brass will not likely work in your long gun but is very good in the revolvers.

++11, it depends on what you are wanting, shooting fast, or just shooting the 45's, PM me if you want more info

Archived