SASS Wire Forum

I'm shocked

Charlie Whiskers

A few weeks ago I sent my coach gun back to Stoeger to do some work on it.Been having several different problems with it from opening up after the 1st barrel was fired to having to re-cock it for the 2nd barrel to fire,to it developing a sizeable gap between the frame and barrel assembly.Well,today UPS showed up and it was from Stoeger Industries.I kinda figured they probably sent it back as is since they made a point of telling me they won't work on a gun that's been "modified".All I'd done to it was a lighter lever spring and remove the auto safety feature.Well,to my surprise.....they sent me a brand new coach gun.I'm gonna change my opinion of Stoeger's customer service from what I'd heard about them to, they're OK in my book.

They did the same thing for me about a year and a half ago. I called them with a Stoeger I had modified and been shooting hard for over a year. The rib between the barrels had developed a crack at about 6 months and I ignored it. It finally flew off during a match. I looked into repairs because of all things I had heard people say about Stoeger. A pard told me to give them a call. I did and they told me to send them the gun. They shipped me a brand new one.

Great service as far as I am concerned. They could have told me that it was out of warranty. They could have told me too bad because I modified it. They didn't. They replaced it.

Doc

I've also just recently dealt with Stoeger's customer service folks.

I'd purchased online a NIB Stoeger imported Uberti Schofield (44-40) that came with a 45 Colt cylinder. Dropped it off at my CAS dealer who mailed it to Stoeger, and picked a NIB replacement Schofield two weeks later from my dealer.

Still cost me an additional $35 to get the situation corrected, but the replacement has nicer looking wood stocks. The $35 was cheaper than the dealer that transfered the original gun to me had quoted me to ship it to Stoeger.

Bangor Dan

Archived