SASS Wire Forum

BATFE letter to FFL's in border states

I ran across this article. I don't know if it is true and accurate or not, but if it is . . . someone needs to be fired (BHO)

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/8416-atf-to-investigate-purchasers-of-two-or-more-rifles-in-five-day-period

It's already being challenged - the NRA and others are involved.

It's the intent of the Fast and Furious debacle, demonize a brand of gun and a seller, then use that to establish gun control.

The second edge to this sword is that it helps show the Holder and above knew about or even approved the Gun Runner crimes,

leading to interesting charges to follow! Crimes and misdemeanors are about to be revealed by Issa and others . . .

Honest ATF and ICE agents are talking . . heads will roll soon!

Of course - we might end up with Looney Tunes Biden left over after this, but that might be the price we pay to get this

matter settled in the courts . . .

Shadow Catcher

Figured this would be the follow up to the Fast and furious bit. They caused the problem and now they want to over regulate to show they have to stop all those illegal sales THEY let go through. To quote Emmanuel, "Why waste a good crisis"......Buck :angry::blush:

I got an e-mail from J&G Sales in AZ saying they have filed a suit against ATF and one from NRA yesterday.

This is going to drag some people out into the light of day.

Ron Peterson Guns in Albuquerque New Mexico has also filed suite as of yesterday. Good Luck keep the heat on them.

Bighorn

Well...the timing is interesting. With the Issa committee still "investigating", and getting stonewalled by the Holder DOJ, this may give J&G/NRA's lawyers a chance to depose some DOJ and BATFE folks, and maybe even get their hands on some internal documents and e-mails that have not been produced to date. A lot depends on who the judge is, and what his/her attitude is toward the scope and timing of discovery.

Expect to hear BATFE complain that it cannot reveal certain information due to "ongoing investigations".

I need to do some reading about the statutory/regulatory authority of BATFE to require and retain reports regarding multiple gun purchases.

LL

Archived