SASS Wire Forum

Weird food combinations...

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how bout SPAM CHEESECAKE?? yep, that was mine! Spam Recipe contest LA Fair '93. I was on the radio, newspapers, and Harper's mag.

The full title was Savory Spam Cheddar Cheesecake. No chunks...so don't gag :blink: It was a smooth blended sweet cheesecake batter of Spam, cheddar, garlic, herbs, beer; decorated with cheddar whipped cream and candied walnuts in a Zwiebach walnut crust...beautiful, tasty and ....filling! :lol:

Mashed potato sandwiches with ketchup!^_^

Fritos on a salami sandwich, Italian bread of course.:)

Speaking of LIVER, my mom used to make chicken livers and gizzards in olive oil and some garlic. Then ya dip in with fresh baked Italian bread. YUM!

occasionally, I used to fry chicken liver and gizzards tossed in Lipton onion soup mix as party food. very tasty.

banana & mayo sandwiches sound familiar :) and when we wanted a sweet treat during playtime and there were none, we would butter a slice of bread and sprinkle sugar on top...until we got caught :o Ma is from GA and we often had cornbread in milk as a snack and ate with a spoon

Peppermint candy and beer! Tomato juice and beer :unsure:

come to think of it most anything and beer.

Mashed potato sandwiches with ketchup!^_^

Fritos on a salami sandwich, Italian bread of course.:)

Speaking of LIVER, my mom used to make chicken livers and gizzards in olive oil and some garlic. Then ya dip in with fresh baked Italian bread. YUM!

Rye... you're killin' me here... I've had all of that... and chicken livers and chicken gizzards... we used to play pool at a little Tavern in Dufur, Oregon and that was our snack of choice... You just brought back some very good memories...

Vaya con Dios

Peppermint candy and beer! Tomato juice and beer :unsure:

come to think of it most anything and beer.

Beer poured over Cap'n Crunch cerial is NOT a good combination, trust me on that!

Peanut butter sandwich with sardines and ketchup. Of course the sardines MUST be the ones packed in oil!

Yummmmmmm. Thems good eats!

EC

ok EC, that is just weird and disgusting!

Then again after my adventure with sardines and chocolate milk, I don't get any where near sardines any more.

Yeaaaa......but I bet ifn' I put all that on a pizza for ya'............ ;)

Fried boloney on white bread with mustard... Lay's potato chips in the sandwich

My friends in California used to request that when they came to my house for a sleep over.

.... Southern cuisine

Add Martinelli's sparling cider to drink and green M&Ms for dessert.... brings back memories of junior high

Peanut butter sandwich with sardines and ketchup. Of course the sardines MUST be the ones packed in oil!

Yummmmmmm. Thems good eats!

EC

I have also tried this and it is GREAT...!!! And you are right... they have to be packed in oil to taste right...

Vaya con Dios

Smoked oysters wrapped in bacon with pepperjack cheese on a toothpick, grape soda on lime sherbert, and not really weird, just disgusting to most folks; my favorite meal is fried liver and onions with spinach and yellow hominy on the side.

Bodine

Step-sister likes strawberry ice cream , forzen rock spoon bendin' hard....

Wif a can of warmed Bush's Baked Beans poured over it !!!!

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Step-sister likes strawberry ice cream , forzen rock spoon bendin' hard....

Wif a can of warmed Bush's Baked Beans poured over it !!!!

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hawk, now that is funny. :lol:

Hardpans.. there is nothing you can do to liver that would ever make me smell it let alone eat it.. lol

Deja...the best way to cook liver is to smother it in onions,fry it in butter,then toss out the liver and eat the onions.

Clemsum, mosy anything goes good with beer!

Uh...NO....years ago when I was young and stupid I got hungry late one evening.Poured a bowl of Cheerios and found out my roommate had used all the milk.So...like I said young and stupid,I poured beer on them.Don't recommend that as an alternative liquid source for cereal.

Odd tastes?

pineapple on pizza

mustard and peach preserves sandwich

liver and anything

ketchup on a cheeseburger (everyone knows it should be mustard and mayonnaise :) )

beer (by itself or with anything—sorry I had to say that :P )

and that's about it. I think just about everything else is good, which is probably related to my weight problem. :)

How does anyone think of such in the first place?

It just happens here in dis place !

Too much drinkin................Naw ! :unsure:

Too much time on her hands and too many long cold winters.....................Yup ! :)

Sometimes ya just open the ice box and get out whatever is in there. Eat a bit of that, then a bit of the other without cleaning off the spoon, hey, that tastes good together, then yer off to the races.

Clemsum, mosy anything goes good with beer!

UUUuuuummmmmm I'm not so sure about that. My ex was a teacher in Louisiana. He used to come home from school and eat really ripe bananas while drinking beer.

I almost forgot marshmallow fluff on a cheeseburger (me), and coolwhip on spaghettios (my sister)!

Bodine

Archived