SASS Wire Forum

Weird food combinations...

Grizzly Dave

So last night my daughter made pasta and cheese, she ran out of milk so the cheese sauce was really really thick. After I was done eating there was a fair amount of the cheese sauce left on the plate and I went looking for something to eat it on. I ran across some M&Ms and suggested M&Ms and cheese sauce, which made daughter Grizz and Miz Grizz about gag.

Of course that meant I had to actually try it.

I thought it was pretty darn good.

What strange food combinations have you tried that you thought would be gross, but wound up being pretty good?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When da ex was carrying my last boy , she had a cravin' ...

So off I went to the local pizza shop.

Got her a large wif everythin' on it , just like she asked.

Got back home she put dat hot pizza in da fridge !!

After it was ice cold , she put peanut better and blackberry jelly on 2 slices ,

Rolled'em up and ate'em like a burrito along with some dill pickles !!!

After seein' die , I went right to the bathroom and puked !!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Liver... fried in a skillet with a light dusting of cinnamon.

A serendipitous discovery when I'd once forgotten that the skillet was last used to make cinnamon toast. Couldn't actually taste the spice, but it seemed to neutralize a bit of the liver "tang" and left it really mild and flavorful! :)

We used to eat banana and mayonaise sandwiches when I was a kid.

I didn't know it was weird until I was an adult.

My daughter used to eat raw broccoli dipped in ketsup.

Strangest food combination I ever hear of was a kid that dipped cantalope in bean dip.

Just remembered I used to pour sweet pickle juice over pinto beans and corn bread

Thank da Lawd dat some one ates like me !!!! :lol:

I can't think of anything I eat that is particularly strange, as I have pretty conservative and even bland tastes. But I never understood the sweet/salty combination, such as chocolate pretzels or honey-glazed peanuts, which are usually coated in salt. My mother puts salt on her cantalope as well.

I also never got the whole lemon tea thing. When I want tea, I drink tea: when I want lemonade, I drink lemonade. If you ordered lemonade at a restaurant, would you expect it to come with a teabag in it?

Liver... fried in a skillet with a light dusting of cinnamon.

A serendipitous discovery when I'd once forgotten that the skillet was last used to make cinnamon toast. Couldn't actually taste the spice, but it seemed to neutralize a bit of the liver "tang" and left it really mild and flavorful! :)

Hardpans.. there is nothing you can do to liver that would ever make me smell it let alone eat it.. lol

Peanut butter and sliced dill pickles on white bread....

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

Hardpans.. there is nothing you can do to liver that would ever make me smell it let alone eat it.. lol

I agree with you 100%

I agree with you 100%

Hey you.. lol.. it has been a longggggg day and liver .. oh man I was gagging like my Rat dog does.. lol...

My father loves popcorn and milk.... My grandfather ate toast and tea.. and my grandmother loved fry bread and peanut butter.. lol... My sister and I use to mix up silly stuff.. the best one was homemade ice cream at grandmothers, with a chocolate milk powder, dill pickles and any berry or pineapple.. lol. But my most favorite back then was grazing.. I would use her green onion tops as a straw for my homemade lemonade, I ate green apples and crab apples, and grapes off the vine. Cherrys off the tree, and rhubab and gooseberrys.. I got in trouble so many times for stopping off at the field garden and eating onion and peppers on the way home.. lol.. peaunut butter and jam on my french toast, or pancakes was the only way I could eat them.. lol. Man being a kid was sure fun.. still is..

JJJ-D

Everything is white in your world, huh? lol.. Not red..

Hershey's Kisses and potato chips.

My vary favorite of favorites!!!!!!!!

Double chocolate cake with plum icing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YUM

My Dad used to eat Saltine crackers in milk... called it a "Crackerlolly"

Crackers and milk are a big Badger favorite. Often have them for a midnight snack.

Peanut butter and grape jelly on fresh french bread is another dessert favorite. Cold milk by.

But I guess the most different is French bread, butter and lettuce. Did I mention that I like

french bread. :rolleyes:

Dang, you made me hongry. I think there is some cheese and peanut butter in the fridge. Got no French Bread but I got crackers and milk. :rolleyes:

JJJ-D

If you think of some of the Thai, or other Asian dishes, a pairing of a peanut sauce and something pickled isn't all that strange.

My father loves popcorn and milk....

And how is that any different from puffed corn cereal?

Weirdest thing I ever tried was caviar on chocolate cake. Not a good combo. I was at a party, first time I ever tried caviar. I tried it on the toast and crackers that were supplied. Tried it on veggies. On cheese. Finally worked down to the only thing I hadn't tried it on was the chocolate cake. So.......I tried it.

Oh, and bananas with cinnamon and sugar on buttered sourdough. That is pretty good.

green beans right out of the garden, good stuff.

Oh..yeah.. and peas in a pod.. raw out of the garden too..

My Dad used to eat Saltine crackers in milk... called it a "Crackerlolly"

Close to milk and popcorn.. the salt and milk.. hmm dont get it.. lol

My vary favorite of favorites!!!!!!!!

Double chocolate cake with plum icing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YUM

Hey.. you.. lol... Plum icing.. really?? lol..

If you think of some of the Thai, or other Asian dishes, a pairing of a peanut sauce and something pickled isn't all that strange.

And how is that any different from puffed corn cereal?

Weirdest thing I ever tried was caviar on chocolate cake. Not a good combo. I was at a party, first time I ever tried caviar. I tried it on the toast and crackers that were supplied. Tried it on veggies. On cheese. Finally worked down to the only thing I hadn't tried it on was the chocolate cake. So.......I tried it.

Oh, and bananas with cinnamon and sugar on buttered sourdough. That is pretty good.

Salted popcorn.. never understood the salt and milk.. Bananas and cinnamon and sugar very close to fry bread with that but no sugar on it.. grandmother use to make that too. Never had caviar and cake.. lol

I can see that UB, I like the whole sweet and salty thing.

Works for me.

In moderation of course. ;)

Salted popcorn.. never understood the salt and milk.. Bananas and cinnamon and sugar very close to fry bread with that but no sugar on it.. grandmother use to make that too. Never had caviar and cake.. lol

Ah! Yeah, the salt on the popcorn could change it up.

And a word of advice....DON'T!

Ah! Yeah, the salt on the popcorn could change it up.

And a word of advice....DON'T!

Yeah.. the cake part does not interest me much.. loll

We used to eat banana and mayonaise sandwiches when I was a kid.

I didn't know it was weird until I was an adult.

Whats weird about that,I still eat them this way occasionally, otherwise it is peanut butter and banana.

One of my cousins got me to try a brownie with a piece of Sharp Cheddar Cheese on top (they are not cooked together).

Sounds Terrible-Tastes Great. Helped me gain 20lbs a few years back.

Also Dark Chocolate goes really good with Beer.

Archived