SASS Wire Forum

Powder Question

I'm fairly certain there are more than one varmint shooter in our ranks who might be able to answer this question.

Any pards ever used TAC for loading .223?

From what I've seen on other sites it gets pretty good reviews, and is supposedly the powder used by Hornady in their defense & tactical TAP Ammo.

I'm looking for a clean powder that won't coke up the gas system in an AR and give good peformance using 55 gn. Vmax bullets.

Howdy,

I use it for my 223 AR rounds. I have got about 5K through my AR and I have had no issues with fouling. I have been very happy with Ramshot TAC

Rowdy

I'm fairly certain there are more than one varmint shooter in our ranks who might be able to answer this question.

Any pards ever used TAC for loading .223?

From what I've seen on other sites it gets pretty good reviews, and is supposedly the powder used by Hornady in their defense & tactical TAP Ammo.

I'm looking for a clean powder that won't coke up the gas system in an AR and give good peformance using 55 gn. Vmax bullets.

Thanx for the feedback Rowdy.

I've tried some of the other powders listed as potential propellants in the manuals in other calibers and have had problems with unburnt powder grains left in the bore, heavy fouling, erratic performance ... all things to avoid in a gas-operated gun.

Local shop has it for $22 a pound, so we'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Archived