SASS Wire Forum

Look like mighty fine Vaquero s

Cabalero Chuck

I sure hope nobody minds, I just found these revolvers belong in some worthy SASS members holsters.

I got an email listing from CDNN this afternoon, this seemed pretty interesting:

Ruger Vaquero 45lc 5.5" Barrel Hand Engraved By Rob Buntimo Brite Stainless 6-Shot

Ivory Lite Grips Marked 1/1000

Less Than 20 Hand Engraved! RARE! New

#RUG05119 $999.99 $500 Below Cost!

I don't know how many they have, thier firearm catalogue is a pain to access. I think I would call & mention this stock number.

Telephone: 800-588-9500

PM me with an email address and I can forward the email-only sale page. It says only good til this Saturday though.

I downloaded thier PDF Sale flyer and on pages 22-24 are some Doug Turnbull finished & engraved U.S.F.A revolvers in various calibers & styles too!

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/dowournewcat.html

Mack Hacker,

I started the post with an apology if it was warranted. And now that I see that pointing out an avenue for irons that might otherwise be overlooked is bad ju-ju, I will not make this sort of mistake again.

Please recognize this apology - post screw-up - , and, my continued assurance that it won't occur in the future. If a moderator could / would strip the offense from the 'Wire , I will take that as an additional indication that any further such "shilling" is unwelcome on these pages.

The whole kerfuffle started with my thought to pass on the location of what seemed like unusual revolvers, and now that I have been put in my place, I stand corrected, and plead " ignorance " but now I am aware of the probability that this sort of action is considered "bad behavior".

Or would this sort of thing have been overlooked as acceptable? if I were to posess a member number? Please advise so that I might avoid causing problems of any nature in the future.

No problem-o Chuck. Don't sweat it. We are all just human beings here. Sometimes one or more of us may wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Can't kick the dog or slap the wife so they take it out on the newbie. My apologies on behalf of the Wire for your less than gracious welcome. I for one appreciate the kind of "heads-up" you were offering.

Chuck, in the future, what you might wanta do is put in a disclaimer at the end of the post. Something like "I have no interest in Joe Blow's guns other than being a satisfied customer." or some such.

I got the same e-mail from CDNN. Wonder who makes that $349 1911? One of the Filipino companies I bet...

Archived