SASS Wire Forum

wife when told another wife has the husband

Trigger Mike

My younger brother gets up with the baby, feeds him, goes to work, comes home, cooks supper even on days his wife worked from home as she is too tired. I mentioned it to my wife to see if she wanted a life like that. Her reply was that she has no respect for a man who would let his wife run over him like that. Ive heard her say similiar about other men as well.

I guess the moral is to come home and do nothing so your wife will respect you. :lol:

she must respect me a lot then. :P

My younger brother gets up with the baby, feeds him, goes to work, comes home, cooks supper even on days his wife worked from home as she is too tired. I mentioned it to my wife to see if she wanted a life like that. Her reply was that she has no respect for a man who would let his wife run over him like that. Ive heard her say similiar about other men as well.

I guess the moral is to come home and do nothing so your wife will respect you. :lol:

she must respect me a lot then. :P

Triggers it depends on how you grew up. It is harder for me to watch a man in the kitchen "cleaning" or in the house than to watch them sit in a lawn chair.. lol.. I have no problem with them cooking or grilling, usually it is a favorite item.. but the other stuff is pretty hard to watch. Maybe it goes back to me needing to feel I am needed somehow. Like a guy might feel about being able to fix the car, or repair stuff. I can do a lot on my own because my dad treated me like his favorite son.. So, maybe some guys don't like that.. Now if the guy starts wearing heels and a apron I might worry about him.. lol.

If a man is smart enough to help out with dishes and other housework then a woman just might be smart enough to make sure the man knows just how thankful she is... ;)

By the way, I have a question;

Has a man ever shot his wife when she was making dinner or washing dishes?

Blackfoot

No, but I've met a quite a few who were stabbed or beaten up while making dinner or washing dishes. :angry:

You'd be amazed at how many "man on woman" domestic assaults start in the kitchen.

Folks have to do in their relationships what works for them. If that doesn't work for others then they can "communicate" to those others in appropriate language (verbal, sign, or body ;) ).

SQQ

You'd be amazed at how many "man on woman" domestic assaults start in the kitchen.

Some of that statistic is a probability thing. I would expect to find more women in the kitchen than on the couch watching football and calling for hubby to throw them a beer.

Folks have to do in their relationships what works for them. If that doesn't work for others then they can "communicate" to those others in appropriate language (verbal, sign, or body ;) ).

SQQ

I tend to wonder about some of those relationships.

My best childhood friend has one of those. A few years ago, they were here in Az. visiting kin. He and I got together to go out and poke bullet holes in the desert. He was happier that a pig in $h&t! Said he hadn't done anything like that in years. We got back to the house, me figuring we'd sit down and clean the guns, when he said he had to go, because he was on a schedule and she had plans for them!

A guy I work with has the same kind of thing going for him. A while back, we were talking about him getting another gun. I offered to take him to my favorite gun shop. He couldn't go because his wife already had plans. The other week, the boss told us we were going to be taking turns working half day Saturdays, and this Saturday was his turn. HIS WIFE WOULDN'T LET HIM! SHE already had plans!!

I wound up working for him. It was overtime, and MY wife was certainly in favor of that!

If that works for them, that's great. But I like my marrige to be a partnership, NOT a personal empire.

My best childhood friend has one of those. A few years ago, they were here in Az. visiting kin. He and I got together to go out and poke bullet holes in the desert. He was happier that a pig in $h&t! Said he hadn't done anything like that in years. We got back to the house, me figuring we'd sit down and clean the guns, when he said he had to go, because he was on a schedule and she had plans for them!

A guy I work with has the same kind of thing going for him. A while back, we were talking about him getting another gun. I offered to take him to my favorite gun shop. He couldn't go because his wife already had plans. The other week, the boss told us we were going to be taking turns working half day Saturdays, and this Saturday was his turn. HIS WIFE WOULDN'T LET HIM! SHE already had plans!!

I wound up working for him. It was overtime, and MY wife was certainly in favor of that!

If that works for them, that's great. But I like my marrige to be a partnership, NOT a personal empire.

Right on. It should not be a personal empire.

My husband has a permanent "kitchen pass" for whatever he wants to do. I just ask that if it somehow affects me, he runs it by me first in case there is a scheduling conflict. He's good about that. And I do the same for him.

Fortunately, our interests converge in most areas. We're a shooting family and run a gun range along with a friend of ours, so shooting activities get a lot of priority. On the other hand, I never feel like I am "required" to do everything he does with him, and vice versa. If he wants to go out and shoot with somebody and I don't happen to feel like going, he's OK with that. On the same level, if he doesn't want to go to a baseball game with me (something I love, and he doesn't) then I don't beat him up about it and I find someone else to go with me. Sometimes I really enjoy the time apart from him.... not in a bad way, but sometimes it's just nice to have a change of scene and spend time with other people/friends.

"Trouble"

I remember a woman who always wanted to be in charge. She had four husbands who pretty much enjoyed being told what to do and when to do it, untill it got to be too much.

Her first husband ended up having three wives who told him what to do and when to do it, until it got to be too much.

Right on. It should not be a personal empire.

My husband has a permanent "kitchen pass" for whatever he wants to do. I just ask that if it somehow affects me, he runs it by me first in case there is a scheduling conflict. He's good about that. And I do the same for him.

Fortunately, our interests converge in most areas. We're a shooting family and run a gun range along with a friend of ours, so shooting activities get a lot of priority. On the other hand, I never feel like I am "required" to do everything he does with him, and vice versa. If he wants to go out and shoot with somebody and I don't happen to feel like going, he's OK with that. On the same level, if he doesn't want to go to a baseball game with me (something I love, and he doesn't) then I don't beat him up about it and I find someone else to go with me. Sometimes I really enjoy the time apart from him.... not in a bad way, but sometimes it's just nice to have a change of scene and spend time with other people/friends.

"Trouble"

That's about the way me and my Mrs are

Triggers it depends on how you grew up. It is harder for me to watch a man in the kitchen "cleaning" or in the house than to watch them sit in a lawn chair.. lol.. I have no problem with them cooking or grilling, usually it is a favorite item.. but the other stuff is pretty hard to watch. Maybe it goes back to me needing to feel I am needed somehow. Like a guy might feel about being able to fix the car, or repair stuff. I can do a lot on my own because my dad treated me like his favorite son.. So, maybe some guys don't like that.. Now if the guy starts wearing heels and a apron I might worry about him.. lol.

upbringing does have a lot to do with it. her aunt raised her and would feed the devil if he came over. whomever comes gets to eat. Course her aunt also thinks all men are worthless and need a woman standing over them to make sure they work, thankfully my wife missed that lesson.

I don't know, a personal empire sounds good to me. :lol:

Well my only child did not come alone until I was dang near 30 so I did not want to miss any part of her growing up so that means I changed allot of diapers and spent many a night walking the floor with her and I am very thankful for every diaper change and lost nights sleep because it is a time in her life I could never get back if I missed it....Now that I am looking real close to 60 I have my grand-daughter who will be two in October and when she is here or I am at the daughters and baby wakes up in the middle of the night I am the one who gets up with her.

As for the cooking around the house the wife & I have been married about 35 years and somewhere around 15-20 years ago me & her got into it over her cooking the same thing week end week out.....what was not burnt was cold....She he told me if I thought I could do a better job then maybe I should do the cooking.....we have been eating well ever since :rolleyes:

If a man is smart enough to help out with dishes and other housework then a woman just might be smart enough to make sure the man knows just how thankful she is... ;)

I don't know how complicated a Lady you are - but you sound like you are all woman, and one to walk beside!

I've got one like that, and I was lucky enough to marry her, so I am blessed!

SC

Archived