SASS Wire Forum

What's the Call

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

My only question is who was you yaking with when you should have been listening and was the chat about shooting or your first new pair of high heels in 7 years? :rolleyes:

PS: I have a feeling I am going to catch hell over this post at that match Saturday :unsure:

I know you are "asking for it!" Sorry, I won't be there to give it to ya!!! Maybe I could find a surrogate to whomp ya! :lol:

Sorry Ramrod,

You jumped in without reading my subsequent post. Folks who've shot Chabot would understand how this could happen. BTW, one does not complain at Chabot nor offer to write scenarios. One merely giggles at oneself when doing something stupid.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Chabot is not and can not be considered a SASS match. 100 yard shots at 50 pound elevator weight knockdowns aside, comparing the two is like apples to oranges.

Howdy:

OK, I'll bite - it is either a "p" or 5 misses. I would give him/her a "p" - cause I'm easy.

STL Suomi

BZZZZZZZT! Wrong answer! Got nothing to do with "easy". Shooter engaged an appropriate target with the appropriate firearm; ain't nothing but a P.

(unless the shooter was braggin' on what a smart feller he was doing it that way to gain a leg up on the competition by shooting it incorrectly, that would be a SOG) :P

Allie, that’s why I like the SOTG the way it stands……IF we use common sense we should be able to tell the intent of the shooter in most cases and make the right call. Nothings perfect but IMO the way it stands lets us assess each situation and make the proper call.

I would call it a “P”

It would indeed be useful if a base rule was adopted for the Rules Committee, stating that no rule be placed in the rule book which requires considering what the INTENT of the shooter was. Most clubs do not have available a paranormal, psychic or mindreader to be a permanent member of the range officers at their shoots. :rolleyes:

Good luck, GJ

It would indeed be useful if a base rule was adopted for the Rules Committee, stating that no rule be placed in the rule book which requires considering what the INTENT of the shooter was. Most clubs do not have available a paranormal, psychic or mindreader to be a permanent member of the range officers at their shoots. :rolleyes:

Good luck, GJ

Please see post #74 on THIS THREAD for an official ruling posted by Snakebite (Chairman of the RO Committee).

You'd have to have been there to get the real picture. The target she (okay, it was me) didn't engage was a piece of angle iron, about 2 inches on each angle, painted black at a "gazillion" yards. This was Chabot.

Well heck and tarnation Allie......you know the call on this one:

NO CALL.

It was at Chabot......they don't take kindly to SASS rules. And they make stuff up as they go along.

And not only "NO CALL," I say the shooter shot it clean and gets all her drinks free at the apre-shoot swaree!

Just my opinion on the whole thing. No disrespect intended to the learned PWB.

EC

In light of Snakebite's official ruling

You are suppose to do your best to shoot the stage the way it is written. If you screw up and do it wrong, you get a "P". If that happens, it does not release you from the obligation to continue the best you can with the scenario. If you CHOOSE to continue the stage in the fastest way possible, just to make up time, then you are NOT doing the right thing. You can claim that your interpretation of the rules is such that once you make a mistake you are no longer obliged to follow the scenario, but that does not make it right. It is a "Spirit of the Game" penalty to do so.

That is an OFFICAL ruling from the ROC.

I would not issue a SOG to a shooter who did such because they were confused. I would issue a SOG to a shooter who did such to save time. How would I know?? I would ask the shooter. Yes, the shooter could lie about it and get away with it.

Integrety is a personal thing. Some have it, and some don't.

Snakebite

Chief RO

Here is how the following should be scored if the RO did not ask the shooter his intent...

I'll see that and raise the following...

Scanrio is read stating alternate between R1 (the big close one) and R2 (the small far away one) for ten rounds.

1) Shooter dumps ten rounds on R1, says nothing

P only

2) Shooter shoots R1 twice, says "aw crap" and then dumps the remaining 8 on R1 as well

P only? Seems like clearcut P and SOG to me.

3) Shooter shoots R1 twice, pauses but says nothing and then dumps 8 more on R1

P only? Seems like fairly clearcut P and SOG to me.

4) Shooter shoots R1 once, misses R2, dumps 8 on R1

P only? Seems like P and SOG to me.

5) Shooter shoots R1 - R2 - R1 - R1 then does a quick dump of the other 6 on R1

6) Shooter shoots R1 - R2 - R1 - R2 - R1 - R1 - then does a quick dump of the other 4 on R1 and says nothing

7) Shooter shoots R1 - R2 - R1 - R2 - R1 - R1 - then does a quick dump of the other 4 on R1 and jokes with the TO "I already had the P figured I might as well make up some time"

P and SOG.

8) Shooter dumps 10 on R1 and when given a P says "I didn't even know there was another target"

P only? Seems like P and SOG to me. It is the shooters responsibility to understand the course of fire.

I'm not trying to be a PITA just trying to understand.

Absent asking and an admission, is a non scripted dump with the next or following firearm (after the P is earned) unquestionably an SOG?

Grizz (who's thinkin if he ever thinks he see's an SOG is gonna call in the posse marshal and let him or her make the call)

Well heck and tarnation Allie......you know the call on this one:

NO CALL.

It was at Chabot......they don't take kindly to SASS rules. And they make stuff up as they go along.

And not only "NO CALL," I say the shooter shot it clean and gets all her drinks free at the apre-shoot swaree!

Just my opinion on the whole thing. No disrespect intended to the learned PWB.

EC

Howdy EC,

I'd commented about the location of the incident in post #24.

;)

PWB

...I will tell you what happened ...A certain old blonde wasn't paying attention ...she (okay, it was me) ...

I'm cornfused again!

"old blonde"

"okay it was me"

Is this an oximoron type thing?

So, what was the call?

(considering that Chabot operates under "modified" SASS rules...e.g. 10-seconds per miss; a "P" for each shooting string; T/O's ruling is final;...&tc...at least for their annual match)

:wub:

Well I have to admit PWB that I never shot the annual match at Chabot only the regular alternating month matches, but I was given a 20 second penalty for shooting a stage clean. When I questioned it, I was told "You ain't never shot a stage here clean before, and ya' ain't gonna start now!" Everyone laughed and so did I. :lol:

EC

Archived