SASS Wire Forum

Gunfighter ?

Consider the difference between getting a "P", THEN trying to make up for the time penalty by taking advantage of the fact that only ONE "P" can be assessed per stage...

VS

Taking a 10-second penalty ON PURPOSE in order to protest discriminatory stage instructions.

Would engaging the targets GF-style + 10-seconds be a "competitive advantage" over DD-style w/no penalty?

Would dumping 10 rounds on a target and then taking a 10 second P be a "competitive advantage?

Don't miss understand. I think a shooter who has indavertantly shot the wrong target should not get a SOG for dumping the rest of the rounds.

But what is game for the befuddled should be game for the protester.

Very Best Regards,

BJT

Right.... so no argument that the hypothetical stage in question is ridiculous.

Having said that however it must be pointed out that some of the other comments here sorta approach the same level.

Ever since it's inception the rules for GF have clearly anticipated that not ALL stages would be back to back pistol.

Go ahead.. read'em!!

Double Duellist was ALWAYS going to be a part of the category.. and in fact being able to shoot that style is ONLY required of GF'ers... it is an integral and distinctive part of the category as it was originally introduced.

Now we get folks implying that any stage that is not pistol-pistol is somehow unfriendly to GF's?

Or worse, it is suggested that they are being forced to shoot "out of category"?

NO they are not. They are being required to demonstrate a skill that ONLY Gunfighters are required to obtain.

If you don't like that.. fine. Lobby your TG to push for a change to the rules... but don't just make stuff up.. OK?

Constable. I have had the pleasure of shooting with you and respect your view. My point to it is I don't have a problem with split pistols so much as I have a problem when they do not allow for staging to allow a GF to shoot his category. As stated in my post....as a rule staging will generally take more time, but GF's shoot the category so they can "shoot the category".

If a gunfighter is told to shoot DD or there is no accomodation for staging which would make him shoot DD and the scenario is PISTOL DUMP, Rifle, PISTOL DUMP, it would, in my opinion be very discriminating.

KK

Constable,

I, like most gunfighters, don't have a problem with the occasional split pistol stage, even the ones that require me to shoot dbl duelist. I do have a problem with 50% (or more!) of stages being split (I had one state championship with 70% split!) and I think it's ridiculous to require me to shoot dbl duelist when pistols are back-to-back, especially when no movement is required. That's actually what brought up this question. We had a scenario like this a couple of weeks back and so I just took the opportunity to shoot the whole match traditional. I really didn't enjoy shooting traditional so thought next time I'd just gunfighter it and take the "P", then wondered if that would really be within the spirit of the game. In defense of the stage writer, I think he just thought it would be good practice for us. He normally does an excellent job of stage writing.

One pet peeve I have is hearing of folks that think gunfighters have an advantage. WHAT? Some think that the missing pistol-to-pistol transition gives us an advantage, but they don't take into account the other factors exclusive to gunfighters that are such a dis-advantage.

When we talk of gunfighter friendly stages, we are not talking about stages we have an advantage on, we are referring to stages we are not dis-advantaged on.

I know, I am preaching to the choir... sigh

One pet peeve I have is hearing of folks that think gunfighters have an advantage. WHAT? Some think that the missing pistol-to-pistol transition gives us an advantage, but they don't take into account the other factors exclusive to gunfighters that are such a dis-advantage.

When we talk of gunfighter friendly stages, we are not talking about stages we have an advantage on, we are referring to stages we are not dis-advantaged on.

+ One hundred billion

The definition of (97, SxS, Gunfighter, whatever) friendly is misunderstood.

Perhaps it is our own fault, maybe the correct term should have been (97, SxS, Gunfighter, whatever) neutral.

I would be hard pressed to find ANY stage setup that gives a Gunfighter an advantage over a comparably skilled supported shooter.

If there were any such animal; I write stages and we would be shooting that sequence EVERY stinkin' match.:lol:

+ One hundred billion

The definition of (97, SxS, Gunfighter, whatever) friendly is misunderstood.

Perhaps it is our own fault, maybe the correct term should have been (97, SxS, Gunfighter, whatever) neutral.

I would be hard pressed to find ANY stage setup that gives a Gunfighter an advantage over a comparably skilled supported shooter.

If there were any such animal; I write stages and we would be shooting that sequence EVERY stinkin' match.:lol:

Creeker; As a fellow GF. I've been at odds with those that proclaim a stage is GF friendly. The only truly GF friendly stage is one when we have two pistol targets about five yards apart or so and the scenario is alternate shots.

KK

Creeker; As a fellow GF. I've been at odds with those that proclaim a stage is GF friendly. The only truly GF friendly stage is one when we have two pistol targets about five yards apart or so and the scenario is alternate shots.

KK

Dangit K.K., you wasn't s'posed to tell Creeker that!! :o

Now he'll have that stage at every match he writes!! :lol::lol:

I like the idea of neutral stages. Makes it fair for everyone!! :FlagAm:

Archived