SASS Wire Forum

What's your favorite hot sauce?

I like Cholula, for heat and mostly flavor, Tabasco for mostly heat. I prefer Tabasco for soups and stews that don't need any help with flavor, but could use some heat.

My favorite is Tabasco. Good flavor, not too hot.

After using Tobasco by the gallon on c rations, I got a wee bit tired of it. It sure did help back then though. :lol:

I use Cholula in a lot of Mexican dishes. It's a good base sauce with very nice flavor.

I'm another one of the Cholula folks. Costco has it in the two pack of the big bottles, so there's always some in the cupboard...

I'm fond of tacos for breakfast, and Cholula is a good way to start out the day! :D

Valentina and Tapatio are two of my favorites for flavor. I have two bottles of Dave's Insanity Double Hot custom blend in the little wooden coffins. One was a gift, (remains un-opened) the other I ocasionaly open and use.

The paper work that comes with it is from Dave himself. It says in effect that this was the second run of the double hot stuff and that he probably wouldn't make any more 'cause it was no good for anything and he couldn't understand why anyone wanted it.

A few drops will heat up a three gallon batch of chili to the point where most folks won't eat it, (read that can't). :wacko::wacko:

My mother grows several varieties of pepper for my brother and me every few years. Habanieros, pequins, tepins, and cayennes. She also grows a chiltipin pepper which for all the world looks like a green English pea. It was at last report the hottest non hybrid pepper known and is off the scale on Scovil units. Pure capsicum. One of these, which does have a marvelous flavor, is all you want in a twenty pound pot of chili!! :o:P:wub:

Jim Beam makes a good one, but my normal every day sauces are just plain old Tabasco or Sriracha. I find that franks is nothing more than Cajun ketchup.

Daves Insanity is just that insane

+1 :FlagAm:

Valentina and Tapatio are two of my favorites for flavor. I have two bottles of Dave's Insanity Double Hot custom blend in the little wooden coffins. One was a gift, (remains un-opened) the other I ocasionaly open and use.

The paper work that comes with it is from Dave himself. It says in effect that this was the second run of the double hot stuff and that he probably wouldn't make any more 'cause it was no good for anything and he couldn't understand why anyone wanted it.

A few drops will heat up a three gallon batch of chili to the point where most folks won't eat it, (read that can't). :wacko::wacko:

My mother grows several varieties of pepper for my brother and me every few years. Habanieros, pequins, tepins, and cayennes. She also grows a chiltipin pepper which for all the world looks like a green English pea. It was at last report the hottest non hybrid pepper known and is off the scale on Scovil units. Pure capsicum. One of these, which does have a marvelous flavor, is all you want in a twenty pound pot of chili!! :o:P:wub:

I used to raise bout all those back in the eighties. The chile pequin is known as bird pepper down in the lower rio grande valley and just offer heat mainly. I like the fruity flavor of habanero in moderation and my favorite pepper for salsas is the serrano. OSU has developed a Superhot variety for industrial capsaicin extraction (in other words it ain't edible) that I believe Jim Motes told me runs well over one million scoville units but I believe its actually more than that cause I was told its 10x hotter than a habanero I cut the tip off one and barely touched my tongue to it....instant painful burning!

Super hot

I used to raise bout all those back in the eighties. The chile pequin is known as bird pepper down in the lower rio grande valley and just offer heat mainly. I like the fruity flavor of habanero in moderation and my favorite pepper for salsas is the serrano. OSU has developed a Superhot variety for industrial capsaicin extraction (in other words it ain't edible) that I believe Jim Motes told me runs well over one million scoville units but I believe its actually more than that cause I was told its 10x hotter than a habanero I cut the tip off one and barely touched my tongue to it....instant painful burning!

Super hot

Forgot about the serrano. Flavor to spare and good heat too! :P

Cholula!

When I travel I always carry a bottle with me.

One time I found a bottle of a Sweet Potato Habenero hot sauce that was made in Charleston, SC. It is my all time favorite but I havn't come across it again :( .

I have won the Iowa State Fair twice for Salsa in the canning division. I tried to make my own hot sauce but it didn't turn out. I need ta try it again!

Chili Pepper (bring on the heat) Kid

I Guess I Am The Only One That Likes Crystal Brand Red Hot Sauce.Most of The Others Have too Much Vinegar In Them,Mind I Said Most Not All.But Still Yet Most "Hot Sauces" Are Like Guns And Sex=The Worst I Ever Had Was Wonderful.:P Ozarks Monte Said That.

You are not the only one, I like Crystal too, as well as Louisiana.

La Victoria Salsa Brava Hot

Used it all the time when I lived in California.

Couldn't get it in Texas until recently. I once had a friend ship me a case of it from California.

At my house we call it "Liquid Gold"... I put it in every Mexican dish I cook. I don't think I can eat tacos without it.

La Victoria has many products.... I don't care for any of the others... too bland

My own homemade.. I use to make if often.. but not so much now since I do not have a garden now. I love Salsa on eggs, burger, salad, chips.. yum..

My favorite is Tabasco. Good flavor, not too hot.

I grew up on it and ahve been using it for many, many years. The local ones UB uses are great too. Adobe Milling has some great beans too, I especially like their Anasazi Beans :wub::wub:

Cholula!

+1

Chili Pepper Kid's Cat Killer Salsa is absolutely the best I have ever eaten.

I never ate hot sauce until the mess hall in vietnam. Now the smell of Tabasco takes me back instantly.

La Victoria Salsa Brava Hot

Used it all the time when I lived in California.

Couldn't get it in Texas until recently. I once had a friend ship me a case of it from California.

At my house we call it "Liquid Gold"... I put it in every Mexican dish I cook. I don't think I can eat tacos without it.

La Victoria has many products.... I don't care for any of the others... too bland

I'd forgotten about that great stuff! We used it on our own tacos always when the kids were young and at home. I gotta go looking for some again....

Give em a try! Help out the Dove Creek economy. :D (We're the poorest county in the state)

Adobe Milling products

I won a dollar bet back in 1968 by guzzling a bottle of Frank's Louisiana Extra Hot Sauce in less than a minute. It darn near did me in....but I didn't have worms for a good five years after that.

Currently on the shelf, we keep mainly Tobasco and Desert Pepper XXX Habanero Pepper Sauce.

Archived