SASS Wire Forum

long range site

evil dogooder

Id like to use my 92 for long range side matches. What would be a good long range sight to use.

As right now I can consistently hit a 16"×16" target at 100yrds but when it gets past that it goes down hill. Currently I have stock sights any help would be appreciated

Respectfully

Evil dogooder

Around the late nineties it got somewhat popular to put the Marbles tang sights on the pistol caliber rifles. Many even swore that if you removed the discs you would have a ghost ring sight and it would be as fast, or faster than, open sights??, I think time has disproved that theory. Around the same time it was becoming popular to hold pistol caliber long range events and one simply put the disc back in and this was a real advantage. This all pretty much disappeared in this area shortly there after with the decline of side match events.

Sorry 38/357..

Ok showing my ignorance. I'm going to google those because I have no clue what they are thanks for the help though

If you want a good tang sight that won't break the bank, and you'll get it from the manufacturer. This is the same tang sight that I use on my custom target mdl 94 Winchester in .30WCF. It can shoot out to 500 yards with the .30-30, probably not so far with a .38/.357. You won't go wrong. The only suggestion is that you should confirm that there is a set screw adjustment for the staff on the forward part of the base. Mine has this and after about 15 years or so, I found that I needed to adjust my staff for vertical. No idea on how it got out of alignment, but it did... probably something to do with folding it down for putting in a case for travel.

Custom mdl 94 Winchester

Archived