SASS Wire Forum

US Marine Corps tries to stop nudists using training beach

Subdeacon Joe

The US Marine Corps is trying to stop a growing number of nudists from using a beach which serves as one of its main amphibious assault training grounds.

It could make the men a bit more enthusiastic about the training exercises.

On the other hand, having seen some of the people who usually use nude beaches like that, it might end up being an effective way to repel a landing too. :lol:

You might be on to sumpin' there, Joe...! ^_^

Hmmm.... I seem to recall this beach in Marin County, back in the early '70's... :rolleyes:

You might be on to sumpin' there, Joe...! ^_^

Hmmm.... I seem to recall this beach in Marin County, back in the early '70's... :rolleyes:

it is still there Hardpan

Herb Caen once wrote in his column of an elderly woman calling the Marin County Sheriff's Department to report the activities at said beach. <_<

The gist of the story was that when the officer manning the phone asked if she could see any of the "illicit activities," she replied "Yes! If I trim the bushes just so and stand on the very corner of my deck and lean out and use my husband's telescope I can see it all quite clearly!" :o

Herb Caen once wrote in his column of an elderly woman calling the Marin County Sheriff's Department to report the activities at said beach. <_<

The gist of the story was that when the officer manning the phone asked if she could see any of the "illicit activities," she replied "Yes! If I trim the bushes just so and stand on the very corner of my deck and lean out and use my husband's telescope I can see it all quite clearly!" :o

I remember reading that Hardpan

So the Editor of this story had two choices for photos...

... and (s)he chose an amphibeous vehicle.

How disappointing!!!

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Seeing old people with too much skin, sitting on a beach in the buff, makes me realize why God

gave us clothes. There are SOME young people that might fall into that category also.

One thing I have learned over the years is that everybody falls into one of two categories.

Each category comes with it's own set of equipment. Some have slicked actions, and some not,

but it is all pretty much the same. There are gamers there too, I suppose. :lol:

[quote n

ame=Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172' timestamp='1312326504' post='2239128]

Seeing old people with too much skin, sitting on a beach in the buff, makes me realize why God

gave us clothes. There are SOME young people that might fall into that category also.

One thing I have learned over the years is that everybody falls into one of two categories.

Each category comes with it's own set of equipment. Some have slicked actions, and some not,

but it is all pretty much the same. There are gamers there too, I suppose. :lol:

Yup the gamer on the beach has plastic parts... . sure fun to watch :lol:

Makes me want to point and giggle.

Back in the 60s our family MD came back from a local (Cape and Islands) medical conference and told us of an incident at a local Nude beach.... seems the a body builder who had been hitting the steroids hard for his perfect 6pack abb was upset about the well known side effect of said usage so he had obtained a substitute appendage of rather ambitious size and fearing that the recommended glue would not hold it on if he wen swimming had substituted superglue.... :wacko: I think you can now see why this incident had come to the attention of the local ER Doctor and been reported on at the conference

I used to be under the false assumption that the "human body is a beautiful thing"....until I inadvertently came across a couple of old gals nude sun bathing on a river bank. I was pretty much grossed out for the rest of the day. :wacko:

I used to be under the false assumption that the "human body is a beautiful thing"....until I inadvertently came across a couple of old gals nude sun bathing on a river bank. I was pretty much grossed out for the rest of the day. :wacko:

Yup.

Don't get me started. I have way too much experience both on the beach and in the courtroom with these "naturist" goofballs. :angry:

1. If it's a USMC beach, run 'em off...all the way down PCH for a few miles.

2. The vast majority of people look better fully dressed. Set up lots and lots of mirrors so they can see what I mean.

3. Send camera crews out to film them and post it on AFRTS for every one to see.

4. Hold an exercise right through their picnic grounds and changing rooms.

5. Get their names and addresses but otherwise leave them alone...until the morning you do a house to house exercise with their houses as "practice" targets.

6. Have a battalion of Marines just show up and stand around and stare from about 15 feet away from the nudists.

7. Find their cars and put USAF bumper stickers on them.

8. Line them up and make them do a couple of hours of close order drill.

9. Lots of calisthenics comes to mind.

10. Confiscate their sun block and umbrellas, and then keep them there until they're well done.

See, almost anything can benefit rom a Top 10 list.

There is an article in the LA Times, talks about the strip of land becoming a flash point....

Some editor is either blind or has a wicked sense of humor - using those words in an article about nudists!

The US Marine Corps is trying to stop a growing number of nudists from using a beach which serves as one of its main amphibious assault training grounds.

It could make the men a bit more enthusiastic about the training exercises.

On the other hand, having seen some of the people who usually use nude beaches like that, it might end up being an effective way to repel a landing too. :lol:

Now how would you know what people on a nude beach look like unless you have been there to see it first hand? We call those people gwakers

One of the primary tenants of nudism is body acceptance, true nudists see past the physical and accept others for what they are regardless of build, scars or deformities.

That is something that you might want to try before insulting a group of people that you know little or nothing about.

Think about what is sillier enjoying the sun and ocean without the foolishness of wearing clothing to get wet, or grown men dressing up in costumes pretending to be something that they never were and never will be. Me I do both

Now how would you know what people on a nude beach look like unless you have been there to see it first hand?

One of the primary tenants of nudism is body acceptance, true nudists see past the physical and accept others for what they are regardless of build, scars or deformities.

That is something that you might want to try before insulting a group of people that you know little or nothing about.

Think about what is sillier enjoying the sun and ocean without the foolishness of wearing clothing to get wet, or grown men dressing up in costumes pretending to be something that they never were and never will be.

Been to some, thank you, including that one a few decades ago. And wandered onto others by accident. My comment above about the beach in Marine County having the same people on it now as back in the 70s held true a few years ago. Most of the people looked about like I do now, except with tan hides and lots of sun wrinkles. :o Trust me, aesthetically pleasing most were not. Nor am I, although I have been told I have good legs.

If it were legal on that beach, fine. If they were not trespassing on Pendleton, fine. But, as it is they seem more intent on pushing their cause than in "true nudism."

I go "Chunky Dunkin'" in my pool everyday. No wet bathing suit to drip through the house, just a big bath towel. Just sayin'

Big(Whats way to big for skinny dippin')Jake

1. If it's a USMC beach, run 'em off...all the way down PCH for a few miles.

2. The vast majority of people look better fully dressed. Set up lots and lots of mirrors so they can see what I mean.

3. Send camera crews out to film them and post it on AFRTS for every one to see.

4. Hold an exercise right through their picnic grounds and changing rooms.

5. Get their names and addresses but otherwise leave them alone...until the morning you do a house to house exercise with their houses as "practice" targets.

6. Have a battalion of Marines just show up and stand around and stare from about 15 feet away from the nudists.

7. Find their cars and put USAF bumper stickers on them.

8. Line them up and make them do a couple of hours of close order drill.

9. Lots of calisthenics comes to mind.

10. Confiscate their sun block and umbrellas, and then keep them there until they're well done.

See, almost anything can benefit rom a Top 10 list.

Forty Rod, I question that you have thought this all the way through! Do you really want to watch a bunch of wrinkled fat/skinny old people bending over to touch their toes? I think not.

Looking at them in the buff is bad enough, but having them "wink" at you with each bend?

I shudder at the thought. :o

Back in the 60s our family MD came back from a local (Cape and Islands) medical conference and told us of an incident at a local Nude beach.... seems the a body builder who had been hitting the steroids hard for his perfect 6pack abb was upset about the well known side effect of said usage so he had obtained a substitute appendage of rather ambitious size and fearing that the recommended glue would not hold it on if he wen swimming had substituted superglue.... :wacko: I think you can now see why this incident had come to the attention of the local ER Doctor and been reported on at the conference

Yep! there is a tradeoff! :lol::lol::lol:

Forty Rod, I question that you have thought this all the way through! Do you really want to watch a bunch of wrinkled fat/skinny old people bending over to touch their toes? I think not.

Looking at them in the buff is bad enough, but having them "wink" at you with each bend?

I shudder at the thought. :o

I don't want to see it, just want them to do it until they decide they'b be happier some place else.

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

Pack Saddle old pard, I agree! Most of them are pretty gross. I had a friend who worked at a Nudist Colony back in the late 70's, and I once went by to see over some business, from what I saw most were pretty disgusting and should have left their clothes on. The other thing that I noticed was that there was a lot of old men who seem to enjoy showing off their short comings - if you know what I mean.

Some of them ran for cover but a few others asked my friend to ask me to leave after I started laughing.

And by the way, to set the record straight, I don't care what the old farts said - it wasn't cold that day! :lol:

We call those people gwakers

You say that like it is a bad thing. If one looks at the swimsuit clad bodies, shouldn't one look at the un-clad ones?

When I went to Black's Beach, I didn't laugh at the less than perfect bodies, I didn't stare (too hard) at the perfect bodies and I didn't take pictures. I accepted the nudists and they accepted a bald-headed fat man in baggy swim trunks.

Duffield

TOP 10 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THE NUDE

10) Frying bacon.

9) Arc welding.

8) Bathing a cat.

7) Operating a snow blower.

6) Clearing a patch of poison ivy.

5) Insulating the attic with fiberglass.

4) Operating a lathe.

3) Presenting a children's television show.

2) Taking Mass with the Pope.

1) Picking up a dime from a San Francisco sidewalk.

Sunbathing in the Buff

A man was sunbathing in the buff at the beach. For the sake of civility, and to keep it from getting sunburned, he had a hat over his private parts.

A woman walks past and says, snickering, "If you were a gentleman you'd lift your hat."

He raised an eyebrow and replied, "If you weren't so ugly it would lift itself".

A flying saucer results when a nudist spills his coffee.

What is the best birth control method for senior citizens

Nudity!

Nudist One Liners

A naked man fears no pickpocket.

Bare butts are cool.

A nudist never has to hold out his hand to see if it is raining.

A Buddhist nudist practices yoga bare.

A harp is a nude piano.

Nudist Resort sign - Sorry, Clothed for Winter.

Always swim nude. Sharks hate to peel their food.

Nudists are people who wear one-button suits.

Never cook bacon when you're naked.

Senior Citizen Nude Beach ahead. Watch for Golden Oldies

Headline: Sunny Dale Nudist Resort

A hole has been found in the fence at the Sunny Dale Nudist Resort, police are looking into it

Put up signs with an arrow pointing towards where they migrated from that says..... "SHORT ROUNDS".......

Archived