SASS Wire Forum

This explains a lot

And it's only getting worse because people like that are having children and teaching the children that the government OWES them.

The children have an attitude that they don't need to learn anything at school or show respect to anyone ANYONE because EVERYONE owes them.

Contrary to what some might believe this is not a racial thing. Ignorancy knows no color

So who is to blame?

The parents... but who made the parents the way they are?

You give a man all the fish he needs, why should he bother to learn how to fish for himself?

I have heard some my students say "I don't need to know none of this stuff"

They have no intention of ever having to get a job. They assume someone will pay their way in life.

Why do they think that? Because that's how their parents live.

With all of that venting about the system I will add this...

My students are ages 6-10. Most of them want to do what is right. They seem to know instinctively that the way their parents are is not right.

Many of them seem smarter than their parents. Those are the ones that I pray can rise above their raising and stop the cycle.

I guess that's why I'm still in the postition I'm in...why I still go to work everyday. Those kids need compassionate teachers that will help them to know a better way.

I build their self confidence so they will believe they can take care of themselves. Teach them pride in a job well done. Teach them to respect themselves and others.

Okay, rant mode off

They have no intention of ever having to get a job. They assume someone will pay their way in life.

And in truth they're correct... at our expense. <_<

If I could speak of some of the things I see... but I cannot. :(

And it's only getting worse because people like that are having children and teaching the children that the government OWES them.

The children have an attitude that they don't need to learn anything at school or show respect to anyone ANYONE because EVERYONE owes them.

Contrary to what some might believe this is not a racial thing. Ignorancy knows no color

So who is to blame?

The parents... but who made the parents the way they are?

You give a man all the fish he needs, why should he bother to learn how to fish for himself?

Why do they think that? Because that's how their parents live.

With all of that venting about the system I will add this...

My students are ages 6-10. Most of them want to do what is right. They seem to know instinctively that the way their parents are is not right.

Many of them seem smarter than their parents. Those are the ones that I pray can rise above their raising and stop the cycle.

I guess that's why I'm still in the postition I'm in...why I still go to work everyday. Those kids need compassionate teachers that will help them to know a better way.

I build their self confidence so they will believe they can take care of themselves. Teach them pride in a job well done. Teach them to respect themselves and others.

Okay, rant mode off

You are absolutely right and good on you for feeling the way you do and trying to bring these children into a better America.

Unfortunately...It's not the job of Teachers to bring this out in children. It's the Parent's job and ,again unfortunately, they have failed miserably, so as the only guiding influence in their lives, you try to teach them some responsibility. Again...good on you. I hope it's working.

Keep the faith and keep up the good work.

One of the things I try to teach my students is to take responsibility for their own actions.

Unfortunately they hear a different message from other sources in their lives....their parents...the government

Think about that for a minute...

if everyone would just take responsibility for their own actions...step up and take responsibility for their own mistakes instead of blaming others...

and take responsibility for paying their own way in life...

"oh what a wonderful world this would be...."

I've even told kids that try to blame everyone else when they screw up.... like bullying another kid or cheating on a test...

"The prisons are full of people that will tell you it's someone else's fault that they are there...but they are still the one in prison"

It may sound like I'm a "hard-ass" with my students but I'm really not... just discipine with love so they will listen to me when I do tell them something serious.

They know I love them so they respect me. I'm the "huggy" lady that expects them to behave ...they usually rise to my expectations.

You are absolutely right and good on you for feeling the way you do and trying to bring these children into a better America.

Unfortunately...It's not the job of Teachers to bring this out in children. It's the Parent's job and ,again unfortunately, they have failed miserably, so as the only guiding influence in their lives, you try to teach them some responsibility. Again...good on you. I hope it's working.

Keep the faith and keep up the good work.

No it's not the job of the teachers but unfortunately most parents didn't get that memo.

and thank you for the words of encouragement...

I am fortunate to work with other ladies that feel the same way I do.

We try to help each other...because "burn out" for teachers is very real.

It's easy to feel like you are fighting an uphill battle with little support from parents or "the system"

I have to view it as a ministry. As soon as God gives me permission to do something else, I will. Until then I will keep loving on those kids everyday...hoping I'm doing some good.

CL, I've ridden with burned out bus driver's, too. it does happen. Good on you for your attitude, it restores some of my faith in the educational field. Just wish that would extend all the way to the college campus.......... :blush:

Both of them are dumber than a pair of Dixie cups!!! There's gotta be a law someplace that says we can euthanize whack-os like this!!!...or at least sterilize them! My heck, people!!! We're allowing people like this breed!!! Everybody knows you can't breed two asses (as in jackass and jenny ass) and get a throughbred. Why do we put up with such blatant stupidity where these people keep milking the life out of us? :wacko:

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

Both of them are dumber than a pair of Dixie cups!!! There's gotta be a law someplace that says we can euthanize whack-os like this!!!...or at least sterilize them! My heck, people!!! We're allowing people like this breed!!! Everybody knows you can't breed two asses (as in jackass and jenny ass) and get a throughbred. Why do we put up with such blatant stupidity where these people keep milking the life out of us? :wacko:

As usual Pack Saddle, I agree with you. Neither of them get it. Both are too dumb to see why the judge is angry about all the money going to them.

I honestly believe that this guy is common and not out of the ordinary for young black males his age. They don't care about anything but playing the system and getting a free ride.

For me, I think there should be all sorts of the conditions placed on people like those two who are getting assistance. Their dependance on the goverment is generational for a reason, no one puts any conditions on the funds they receive.

I would put conditions in place ASAP. I believe that that is the only way to end some of this.

This is just more proof that we are wasting our money on some people.

100% spot on Sir! Here in Indianapolis we have 24% of the States population committing 67% of the crime (documented), but no one will say there is a racial problem, and anyone who does is labeled a racist. We are doomed if things don't change.

BSD

I didn't see this post, Dusty when I posted the other one. Sorry, but still, let's get this out to other forums and social media. This isn't a color issue. This is just a travesty plain and simple. We've created an entire class of people whose main goal in life is to exploit a dysfunctional system.

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

100% spot on Sir! Here in Indianapolis we have 24% of the States population committing 67% of the crime (documented), but no one will say there is a racial problem, and anyone who does is labeled a racist. We are doomed if things don't change.

BSD

+1

I agree 100%! Being called a "Racist" is the new catch-all from those who don't want to face the problem. I would take the first step by cutting off the money to those who can work, ie: healthy enough to work.

This whole deal of paying students to sit on their butts while they goo to school, or pay them additional funds for other living expenses, is insane. If the other side wants CHANGE, I'd give them change and cut off the money and make them find jobs - maybe make them take jobs that they are too picky to do.

Like I have said before.. this stuff "shocks" the darn out of me.. I never expect people to act t hat way.. Thanks Dustys.. I guess I need a push into reality.. but pardon me if I keep my positive spin.. cuz I rather enjoy living with rose colored glasses.. This guys is a total bum..

Archived