SASS Wire Forum

Hangin' nuts

yup - saw this the other night ~ not just for trucks kiddos :lol:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/pagnew/IMG00496-20110729-2256.jpg

Live and let live I say ......but,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/02/hanging-truck-nuts-grows-into-free-speech-debate/

:rolleyes:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I'm all about freedom of expression, but I truly wish that every person that sees fit to hang those from their vehicle should have to explain them to their grandmother, a three year old child, and their pastor. If they are that proud of them, they should have no problem with that.

I'm all about freedom of expression, but I truly wish that every person that sees fit to hang those from their vehicle should have to explain them to their grandmother, a three year old child, and their pastor. If they are that proud of them, they should have no problem with that.

This is farm country. No explanation would be necessary.

I guess it's a different story for urbanites.

To some I suppose it's a lot like my father's view on profanity. If they're offended they already know what it means. If they don't know what it means they have no reason to be offended. :rolleyes::unsure:

He was from the country too! :lol:

Some ladies here in my neck of the woods went around with bolt-cutters and "neutered" several of the trucks in the local High-school parking lot a couple years ago. The school refused to file tresspassing charges or get involved with student and parent complaints. They finally made it policy that those were not allowed on school property. Imagine being the Deputy to have to file that one; "Juvenile complaintant reports stolen genetalia from pick-up truck..." I love it!

I was giving a ride to an Orthodox archimandrite one time and we got behind a truck sporting those. He stared at them, tried to stifle his chuckle, then let out with a full guffaw. Made a comment about where the owner of that truck might keep his brains. Of course, he would also tell acolytes after they had their sticharion on "Your fly is open" and chuckle when they checked. ( so you know, you can't see much except the shoes and maybe the cuff under a sticharion Sticharion. )

I wonder if those of you who feel the "balls" deserved a ticket, would feel the same way if someone found your NRA, NSSA, SASS, or "protected by Smith & Wesson" bumper stickers "offensive" and you were ticketed?

Maybe its already happened but I foresee a market opportunity in selling these with or without the accompanying appendage as doorknockers and and bells. Naw, I'm probably nuts! ;)

I must admit.....I had a set on da bull rack I was pullin' fer a few years.

Being raised by wolves, I can at least laugh and appreciate the joke.. which is what it is.. nothing more and nothing less.. Crude, yep you bet, something I would hang from my truck.. ahhhh not really.. But it takes a lot to offend me.

Burn the flag, disrespect my country, its uniforms, or my friends and family or kick my dog and you will have to deal with the wrath of Deja. while my rath is in truth meaningless to most, and does little damage.. it makes me feel better.. lol..

At times I feel like we went from sleeping in twin beds on TV to having a huge orgie on nationWide TV. .. I do not understand it all really, and I do feel like the next generation has no chance at the innocent age I lived thru, and the life I still choose to live with blinders on...Believing in God, Marriage, Country, Flag, our nation of Americans, life here after.. and being there for each other, seems far more important to me than a marketing gimic like this. But, still my brothers did carve their gals names into the cowstraps that held up our milkers... spread their names in our back pastures with the manure spreader, and taught me that if you really believe you can dive off the high dive at the lake, or the rope swing at the river and still live to tell about it.. lol Life is so simple to me.. either your do or you don't.. complex to others I think.

Hanging fake Nu*s... or living for today, or cheating on taxes, or your spouse, or yourself.. things of this generation, not my Dads. I do feel blessed to have his wisdom in my veins.. and my brothers humor in my heart. And maybe my mothers compassion that seemed to lead her down the path of young destruction yet per my grandmother while she was not the "best" example of how to live your life... she was the sweetest most caring person in the the world and that is what took her away and finally took her life at an early age. I hope I have my grandmothers brains to not follow my mothers life... but to follow my grandmothers instead and live a long rich life... of being honest, and enjoying the simple things, not the complex things in life.. not living for money, but instead, for others and for God. Knowing that life and love are not about what you have but what is in your heart. What you have becomes a gift you can share or not.. depends upon you.

I guess I do not want a pair... I prefer being me, a female.. thank you so much.. lol

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Yep! Bull or Ox----They's a slight difference betwixt them two critters. :rolleyes:

MG

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

This is farm country. No explanation would be necessary.

I guess it's a different story for urbanites.

You're exactly right. There are a lot of trucks up here that have them. To farm and ranch kids, kids from the country, they don't need any explanation.

Rocky Mountain Oysters are fairly common after a branding. But yes, to city folks it is a different story. It would probably have to be explaned to them.

Oh, by the way, I've got a pair on my old truck. Most don't give it a second look around here.

I wonder if those of you who feel the "balls" deserved a ticket, would feel the same way if someone found your NRA, NSSA, SASS, or "protected by Smith & Wesson" bumper stickers "offensive" and you were ticketed?

While a SASS or NRA sticker may be offensive to someone, displaying images of male genitalia is illegal in some jurisdictions. Apples and oranges............no pun intended. :blush:

BSD

+1 Thanks Doc.

BSD

There's a muddin' truck up here that has two giant nuts (the kind that thread onto bolt) held by a BIG chain hangin' - thought it was clever and got the point across....:lol:

There's a muddin' truck up here that has two giant nuts (the kind that thread onto bolt) held by a BIG chain hangin' - thought it was clever and got the point across....:lol:

had a kid in his pick em up truck, come by for a delivery and he had the same thing. :)

I'm no prude by any stretch, but there is this thang called respect for others and responsiblity that comes with freedom. Kids already have little to no respect for others, and promoting/accepting this kind of stuff only makes it worse as far as I'm concerned. Try teaching 6 classes of sophomores everyday for a year or two in either a small town, or a big city sometime. You'll probably view things differently afterwards.

Bodine

had a kid in his pick em up truck, come by for a delivery and he had the same thing. :)

I find that a bit more innovative than the 'sack pod' look. :lol:

"TESTICLES!" I thought they were just dangling thing-a-mobber to make sure I don't screw up when I am backing into a parking spot just like them mouse whiskers I had in my honda.

To present as evidence, I would request the court to have the officer to drop his pants to see if the truck ornament has any resemblance to his junk...

Me personally I think they are tacky and like one of the previous posters mentioned I'd be embarrassed to explain it to my little girl or my grandmother.......but IF and only IF I ever felt the need to hang one of those on my truck I'd put them under the bed where no one could see them but I knew they were there, but then what would be the point? When I was younger during the Bush Sr/Clinton elections in '92 I put a "Texan For Bush" bumper sticker on the back window of my old truck. I wasn't a Bush supporter but meant it in another way. My grandpa who was a die hard democratic farmer gave me Hell about it. I didn't feel like explaining to him my alternate meaning so I took it off.

Archived