SASS Wire Forum

August Cowboy Chronicle

Gold Canyon Kid #43974

Being one that is quick to criticize the CC, I thought this month I should give credit where credit is due. Read through it quickly and found little of the negative in the past. I had to agree completely with Tex's editorial-WOW! The absolute best article is the one by Larsen E Pettifogger on Winter Range 2011. A great but longer read. Those folks know how to keep shooters happy. Another outstanding article is on the Mounties. It even includes a photo of my retired Mountie shooting buddy's SASS alias inspiration the historical Jerry Potts. Even had photos of my high school friends from Western Kansas that won best dressed couple at Winter Range. Many other great articles with very little negative this month. This is one CC I would easily give to a prospective SASS member to read.

...and I bet the last page - Colonel Dan's article will be a winner as usual :D

...and ANY CC is something I'd give a prospective shooter ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

GG That is a great idea. When finished with an issue rather than recycling it, bring it to the range. When interested folks stop by the range to ask questions you can send them home with a back issue to keep that interest moving forward.

Irish Rambler

I agree, credit is do...I was a little put off last month by the various political banter in the letters. Sent off a letter of my own, and while I don't expect my voice was very significant, I'm glad to see a nice positive issue! Cheers!

From Tex, Cat, Adobe & Sassy Swede Thank you so much for enjoying the August Chronicle. We truly appreciate your recognizing our hard work!

Being one that is quick to criticize the CC, I thought this month I should give credit where credit is due. Read through it quickly and found little of the negative in the past. I had to agree completely with Tex's editorial-WOW! The absolute best article is the one by Larsen E Pettifogger on Winter Range 2011. A great but longer read. Those folks know how to keep shooters happy. Another outstanding article is on the Mounties. It even includes a photo of my retired Mountie shooting buddy's SASS alias inspiration the historical Jerry Potts. Even had photos of my high school friends from Western Kansas that won best dressed couple at Winter Range. Many other great articles with very little negative this month. This is one CC I would easily give to a prospective SASS member to read.

Thanks for the kind comment about my article on Canada's NWMP. It was fun to research particularly since I live no more than an hour away from both Fort Whoopup and Fort Macleod. There is an error however in the article on page 23. The sentence should read; "Many of the officers who signed up had a military background with at least two in the US." (The two refers to the number of officers who had a military background in the US.) The Canadian Government did not require their officers to have two years experience in the US.

I hope that you find my follow-up article about the NWMP of interest also.

Archived