SASS Wire Forum

Ruger

Irish Tom

Their have been a couple threads lately about Wild Bunch and 1911's in general, so I thought I would show off my latest gun buy.

SR 1911

Target

Their have been a couple threads lately about Wild Bunch and 1911's in general, so I thought I would show off my latest gun buy.

SR 1911

Target

Wow, that is nice. I think I want one.

Have read on the wire here that it might not be legal for the W.B. I think it should be good in the modern catagory.

Crosscut Jack

Wow, that is nice. I think I want one.

Have read on the wire here that it might not be legal for the W.B. I think it should be good in the modern catagory.

Crosscut Jack

As far as I know, it's legal for modern. Don't see why it wouldn't be.

I love mine. I've put about a 300 round mixture of hardball, hollowpoint, rnfp, and lswc through it without a single hiccup of any kind. I have smaller hands, so I installed thin grips and a short trigger. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite 1911s.

Any word on whether they're coming out with one with a rail?

I spoke with a Ruger rep about two months ago. At the time he said that Ruger had plans to eventually offer the 1911 in all the most popular configurations. The key word here is "eventually". So, I don't know when you might see one with a tac rail. I will say that the fit and finish on the guns are excellent. The accuracy is beyond what I would have expected for an out of the box gun. I am very pleased with the gun so far. I think it will a great gun for close quarter work on Zombies. :lol:

I read somewhere a while back that 2nd year production (or when the glut of orders subsides somewhat) that Ruger is contemplating production of a version more suitable for Wild Bunch "classic" (wrong word??) rules. It might has been at the CAS city? site.

I'm going to wait it out for a while and see. Pricing might even flatten out on the original models by then too.

I made ome inquiry on another site, looking for info about whether parts from other manufacturers will fit (the parts that disqualify these from "classic" rules) , but never got any feedback one way or the other.

I have been wondering if I should upgrade the sights on my Springfield GI to run WB modern, or just buy another gun. Sounds like maybe I should just buy another gun and save the Springfield for WB traditional. The Ruger might be the ticket.

Just so you know, a 1911 with a rail is NOT legal for WB. Great for around the house however.

Howdy, not tryin' to stir the pot, or highjack a post, but I understood a rail on the bottom of the dust cover is legal for modern category. Of course ya probably can't have anything on the rail, but if it meets the overall criteria? Then trying to find a holster might be a tad bit on the fun side.

As far as the original post about the Ruger's potential, I think this would be a great addition to the toy box. I think this pard has a good one, and it's nice to know that an out of the box gun performs that well. Great review.

The Ruger SR1911 is one fine pistol. Surprisingly good trigger for a factory pistol. I plan to use it in WB Modern.

I also bought a Remington R1 at the same time for WB Traditional, and blacked out the white dots in the sights with a magic marker.

The Ruger has a stronger recoil spring and hammer spring than the Remington and the old Remington Rand. Noticeably stronger.

I have installed a 16# recoil spring in the Ruger now to shoot my reloads, haven't shot it yet. With the factory recoil spring, It wouldn't always lock the slide open after every shot with Trail Boss and 180 gr or 230 gr bullet.

May change out the hammer spring for a lighter one.

Shooting the Remington in Traditional is so much fun that I haven't used the Ruger in WB Modern yet.

Both are great pistols, different personalities! And the Ruger is the more handsome!

SR 1911

Target

Wow Tom, just think what that group will look like when you learn to shoot!! :lol:

Wow Tom, just think what that group will look like when you learn to shoot!! :lol:

It's nice to know I can always count on my friends. Good seeing you today. Hope you had a safe trip.

Archived