SASS Wire Forum

she's gone and donneit

Noah Cash

Well Saturday I took my better half to a SASS beginning Shooters clinic so she could get a taste of how much fun this game is. Thanks to our very own Jubal Sacket, she enjoyed the shooting and realized that its more for fun and only competitive if you want it to be. Sunday we went and spent the day going to a number of sporting goods dealers and finally found the pistloas she fell in love with. Because of small hands she tried a Uberti Cimmaron, with the 3 1/2 inch barrel and it fit her like it was made for her. They had a grand total of ONE in the store and they found a matching one in one of there other chain stores, about 60 miles away. It was early enough that we went for a ride, and while getting the second pistola we found the shot gun for her, stoeger coach gun 12 ga. Now we need a rifle, in .38 / 357, and She'll be set. She is also starting to make her own costumes and western clothing too. Guess I'll have to get my butt in gear and get a gun cart in the works. Great way to have fun together!

This gal is the same on who bought me the Shilo Sharps a year ago too. Guys and Gals.... She is a KEEPER, and to you single cowpokes out there .... Nope, she aint got a sister.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

That's real good to hear. :lol:

My wife is a SASS shooter, too.

Mustang Gregg

Looks like you are in our area! What club are you shooting with? We have been around for a while... but don't do too many monthlies due to running our own range elsewhere. I know Sackett...good guy, glad he could help you guys out. Maybe we'll see you and your wife at Rampage????? :)

I'm really getting into the costuming thing... if she wants to bounce ideas off someone, have her email me :)

ST

Well Saturday I took my better half to a SASS beginning Shooters clinic so she could get a taste of how much fun this game is. Thanks to our very own Jubal Sacket, she enjoyed the shooting and realized that its more for fun and only competitive if you want it to be. Sunday we went and spent the day going to a number of sporting goods dealers and finally found the pistloas she fell in love with. Because of small hands she tried a Uberti Cimmaron, with the 3 1/2 inch barrel and it fit her like it was made for her. They had a grand total of ONE in the store and they found a matching one in one of there other chain stores, about 60 miles away. It was early enough that we went for a ride, and while getting the second pistola we found the shot gun for her, stoeger coach gun 12 ga. Now we need a rifle, in .38 / 357, and She'll be set. She is also starting to make her own costumes and western clothing too. Guess I'll have to get my butt in gear and get a gun cart in the works. Great way to have fun together!

This gal is the same on who bought me the Shilo Sharps a year ago too. Guys and Gals.... She is a KEEPER, and to you single cowpokes out there .... Nope, she aint got a sister.

We'll be at Rampage, thats the club I shoot with every month. Lookin forward to meetin ya

That's real good to hear. :lol:

My wife is a SASS shooter, too.

Mustang Gregg

Mine too..

as long as it ain't too hot :blush: ...

or as long as it ain't too cold :blush: ...

or if it looks like rain :blush: .. she ain't goin'

otherwise.. she goes with me to every match...

and we have a ball...

Rance <_<

I'm thinkin' she shoots with me :blush: well most of the time she does :wacko:

Howdy Pard: Welcome to yer lady shooter---HOOKnDRAW here--I also have shot with Sackett at UTAH WAR-- he is a great guy--anyway the reason i'm replying to your post is i have a small two gun cart with box for ammo--its compact and very light--perfest for a lady to haul around. A friend built it for me a couple years back. asking $50 for it--if that is of interest to you--you could send me a e-mail to b.vanzomeren@comcast.net or call me at 801-647-2467---I live is west valley so it would be pretty easy to hook up so you can see it. Have a great day---HOOKnDRAW

You're very lucky. My wife won't go near a firearm....

You're very lucky. My wife won't go near a firearm....

Sarge...

My wife took to it like bubble gum to a shoe sole...

as long as the weather is nice :blush:

Rance <_<

Thinikin' she ain't been out in a while.. been to hot..

But when the weather breaks.. she'll be there with me.

Rance, I understand not shooting because of the heat. My one and only CAS match this year was St. Jude's....

But I am shooting True Grit come hell or high water....

Rance, I understand not shooting because of the heat. My one and only CAS match this year was St. Jude's....

But I am shooting True Grit come hell or high water....

See ya there Sarg..

the high water this year was at St. Judes in Milan.. :lol::lol::lol:

So that must make Little York the other huh?

Better get my application in Huh?

Rance <_<

I think that would be a good idea Rance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget Lacey's too. NO excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy Mary.. how ya doin'

I'm told that thru Emails between the 2 of ya that she's still undecided...

She just retired June 30th.. she's very indesicive now :wacko:

I don't push her on makin' decisions :blush:

Rance <_<

thinkin' I know better :blush:

Howdy Pards:

Having my wife, Sly Puppy, shooting with me is fantastic and enjoyable. She was there the first time keeping score and I had her try shooting which she never had done in her life. Well she shot the pistols and hit those steel targets every time and since then she is hooked. Loves the family feeling and meeting all sorts of folks. Only been shooting a couple of years and doing pretty good. Helps out in re-loading too!

Well in less than a week we got her all the guns needed, and yesterday we went out and shot them a bit, she is pretty good too but she has been shooting with me off and on for the 36 years we've been together so at least that is not a completely brand new game. Starting slow and steady, speed will come with practice. Marlins are few and far between around these parts so we found a Rossi in .38 / .357 for her. I gotta taylor some loads for it and get the over all length worked out to get it to cycle better. It jams up with the .38s that I have already loaded for her S&W 642, but at least she had some mild 38's to play with. They did work ok if you worked the action real "BRISK" iffin ya know what I mean. The overall action is real stiff too so guess I will have to clean it out again and take a stone to the rub marks. The 2 Cimmerons shoot real low, so I'll break out the file too. We even went to a local ranch supply store and she found a cowboy hat fer her. She is gettin into this game now that she's had a taste. Like most of you pards hav said, it sure is a fun time with the better half not only supportin g ya but participating. Now I just got to get her participating int he cleaning and reloading. I figure she can load primer tubes for the 650XL for me at least. I'll get a few more tubes and tell her that I need at least 5 tubes filled and ready to go when I get started.

Hook-n-Draw, I'll get back with ya asap on the gun cart, but we are definately interested in it.

Archived