SASS Wire Forum

Why Aren't The Wild Bunch Forms Here?

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

WBAS forum.

Can someone tell me why the website to the SASS owned Wild Bunch Forum is completely separate from the rest of the SASS Home Webpage?

From here, we can get to the Saloon, the Wire for Mounted Shooters, Classified, and back here to the Wire, but not to Wild Bunch, why is that?

Why is the WB Forum separate from the other SASS Forums on here? Why aren't the Wild Bunch Forms here?

:FlagAm:

The idea is that Wild Bunch is separate from SASS. It's two different organizations, so that's why the two sites.

SASS Mounted Shooters have their own rules and regs and is separate from SASS Cowboy Action Shooting because it's two different organizations under SASS ownership.

But I can get to that Forum from here if I want to, so what makes SASS Wild Bunch special?

If SASS Mounted Shooters and SASS Cowboy Action Shooting and SASS Wild Bunch were all on the same SASS Home Page it would be easier for all of us members of SASS to reap all of the benefits of everything that SASS has to offer.

After all, it's not as if we have to pay different dues to belong to SASS Wild Bunch. Or am I wrong, do we members have to pay separate dues since they are a differnet organization? I haven't heard that we had to.

I was under the impression that SASS was SASS and it is all under one big corporation called called SASS.

Because WB ain't SASS

Why does Chevy have a different web site then Ford?

With all due respect pard, I know that Chevy ain't Ford.

But pard, Chevy, Buick, GMC and Cadillac are all owned by General Motors Corporation. The same way that SASS Cowboy Action Shooting, SASS Mounted Shooting, SASS Wild Bunch Action Shooting are all owned by Single Action Shooting Society Corporation.

http://sassnet.com/wildbunch/forum/index.php

If I go to the GM Home page, I can select what brand I want to see. Why doesn't SASS do the same thing with their brands of shooting?

It seems inconvenient to have all of their brands on different web pages. If someone was to browes by brand of SASS, why not make them all available on their Home Page? That's really all I'm asking.

Seems to me they could link it as a sub forum here.

I won't speculate as to why things are done because I don't know. ;)

Because WB ain't SASS

Why does Chevy have a different web site then Ford?

Check out the URL for WB:

http://www.sassnet.com/wildbunch/forum/

Check out the URL for the SASS wire:

http://sassnet.com/forums/

See that four letter acronym just before ".com".

It would appear Wild Bunch is SASS.

Now is Wild Bunch CAS? I think there is a very good argument that it is not. Branding is not the issue, more the breed of cattle being branded.

Cheers,

BJT

It has a link to the WB forum from the SASS homepage. But really, why stress over something so trivial? Add a link in your favorites and you're there in a flash, no big deal.

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

actually the way some folks have responded to WB shooting (like a fart in church) you would think it is a wise move, less people to be ofended

Check out the URL for WB:

http://www.sassnet.com/wildbunch/forum/

Check out the URL for the SASS wire:

http://sassnet.com/forums/

See that four letter acronym just before ".com".

It would appear Wild Bunch is SASS.

Now is Wild Bunch CAS? I think there is a very good argument that it is not. Branding is not the issue, more the breed of cattle being branded.

Cheers,

BJT

BJT, I think you have placed yore finger on the pulse of the gist of the subject here . :lol:

I use Firefox and have a SASS Forums button up on my tool bar. If I wanted to I could put a WB button there too. No big deal.

It has a link to the WB forum from the SASS homepage. But really, why stress over something so trivial? Add a link in your favorites and you're there in a flash, no big deal.

Yep works fer me :) But why is the earth round :o:huh:

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

The WB forum was set up by Marshal Holloway and more resembles CASCity in it's form and function. Probably, and I am just speculating here, incompatability issues keep the two forums on separate "wave-lengths". In some ways that format is superior to this one. No big deal anyhoo. Nothing to chafe over.

Pards, there is a reason that I ask about the SASS websites. And yes, I promise you that it is not that I "stress over something so trivial," or that I "chafe over" this.

At the end of last year, I started a Blog and have since wrote a pretty favorable article about SASS, Cowboy Action Shooting, and the Wire. Now I'm getting e-mails from Europe and Australia asking me a lot of questions about SASS.

I usually refer them to the SASS Home Page for more information, but if someone wants to know about SASS Wild Bunch Shooting then I refer them to the Wild Bunch website. So because of this, I have wondered why SASS doesn't have a very noticable link on their Home Page that'll help people find information about Wild Bunch Shooting.

I have found the answer. I just found two SASS Wild Bunch links on the SASS Cowboy Action Shooting home page - they're on the bottom of the page under the title About SASS and Departments.

Thank you for your assistance.

Moderators, this thread can now be shut down.

:FlagAm:

Archived