SASS Wire Forum

Video - Shooting the Ultimate Remington

The Ultimate Remington is a short barreled New Model Army cartridge conversion I cobbled together over 20 years ago. Writing about this gun was my first article with Gun World magazine. So, this gun has a special place in my heart.

Another great video - and story to boot...do you have the same issue with BP fouling causing a hard to rotate cylinder after about 12 rounds or so?

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Hi Gunner,

All Remingtons are bad for fouling. I used the Ultimate as a match gun for a couple of years and I pulled the cylinder after every stage, and sprayed all the contact points with Balistol.

Hi Gunner,

All Remingtons are bad for fouling. I used the Ultimate as a match gun for a couple of years and I pulled the cylinder after every stage, and sprayed all the contact points with Balistol.

Thanks pard - yeah, I really like that Ballistol...when I shot my '58 (from Cabelas for $99 back in '90) that darn cylinder would not only get hard to rotate, the cylinder pin would stick and I had to take an aluminum rod and hammer to it to get it to come out....:lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Mike,

Another fun video!

We missed you Sunday at Westshore's tribute to Cactus Charlie. As you know he was a black powder fan and gentleman. We honored him in a way I know he would have be proud.

Roo

Hi Chuck,

I planned to shoot that match, but I had returned from two weeks out in Wyoming and Montana just a couple of days before. Then my son called to ask me to help him with something and Sunday was the only day that worked.

I'll be at the West Shore match in two weeks.

Archived