SASS Wire Forum

I wish I could remember..

Utah Bob #35998

....half the stuff I don't know I forgot. :angry:

Isn't that the awful truth, Allie? I have a head full of little bits and pieces of trivia, but can't remember my own home phone number. None of that miscellaneous info has EVER gotten together to put so much a cent in my pockets, either.

I know, for instance that an arshin equals 28 inches. Very handy if you happen to have an old Russian rifle with a rear sight calibrated in arshins.

Youz guyz iz gettin' old and forgetfull? I remember everything weather it happened or not. I still remember phone numbers of houses we had in the 50's and 60's. Remember the license plate number on my 5th grade girlfriends Mom's car. MJJ220.

I guess that's why I became a Mailman, I could remember Numbers real well. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Youz guyz iz gettin' old and forgetfull? I remember everything weather it happened or not. I still remember phone numbers of houses we had in the 50's and 60's. Remember the license plate number on my 5th grade girlfriends Mom's car. MJJ220.

I guess that's why I became a Mailman, I could remember Numbers real well. Just sayin'

Big Jake

But did you remember to put the mail in the boxes?? :lol:

UK Postman doesn't ring twice

I'd just like to remember remembering :wacko: . As said it is ridiculous the little and trivial things we remember and the important (or somewhat important) things we can't, or really have to think about. How many times do we go into a room and cannot remember what for, you go out and start over. I have started to go do something and get distracted by something else and never get the original task done. Old does beat the alternative though.

C.B. license # TX27055....................

Other dan dat, I done went and forgotted all dem things I was taught in school not to forgot when I got out of school.

Now , folks will accuse me of a foto.......foto...........foto...........

Dand , I done went and forgotted .....:blink: :blink:

Just took me 5 minutes to remember where I left my coffee cup!!!!!! :rolleyes::wacko::blush:

Did ya find it in the cupboard full of coffee?

Been there. :unsure:

Also the fridge. <_<

Back when I was truckin' and smokein' , I smoked 4 packs a day of non-filtered type.

My trigger for liting up was a DOT scale. I see that, and I'd light up , no matter what.

I saw this sign that read "Scale Open , 1 mile ahead."

So, I poured a cup of coffee, light up. The scale closed and then re-opened, so I light up.

This went on for a while. Cause once you where in line , you must cross the scale.

To make a lonsg story short, I was driving across the DOT scale , with a cup of hot coffee in my right hand, 2 lite smokes in the left hand, 1 burning in the ash tray and had one lite in my mouth and trying to put another in my mouth and light it too !!! :lol:

I stopped and rolled the window down and asked the officer if he had seen my smokes ??? :wacko:

Do you remember Grandma's Lye Soap,

Good for everything in the home,

And the secret was in the scrubbing,

It wouldn't suds, and wouldn't foam,

Oh, let us sing right out (sing out!)

For Grandma's Lye Soap,

Sing it out, all over the place!

For pots and pans, and dirty dishes,

And for your hands,

And for your face!

Little Therman, and Brother Herman,

Had an aversion to washing their ears...

Grandma scrubbed them with her lye soap,

And they haven't heard a word in years!

For Grandma's Lye Soap,

And for your hands,

And for your face!

Mrs. O'Malley, out in the valley,

Suffered from ulcers, I understand,

She swallowed a cake of Grandma's Lye Soap,

Has the cleanest ulcers in the land!

For Grandma's Lye Soap,

And for your hands,

And for your face!

You know, the brain is a thing that needs a work out to stay fresh and flexible. Just like an airplane, your muscles, or anything else, if you don't use it, it won't work as well, eventually.

The more you use it, the better it works.

Learning a new skill in advancing age—such as math, a new language, deciding to like a new kind of music...—may seem like a lot of work, but the act of doing it makes the brain work better for other things in life as well.

Rosettastone...

I wish my mind were as flexible as it once was. I don't remember forgetting anything, but I don't seem to be as creative as I used to be...! :lol:

+1

Mmmmmm doughnuts.

Archived