SASS Wire Forum

Chiappa V/S Sig 1911-22

Trigger Mike

A while back I mentioned how the Chiappa kept slam firing of jamming on the first round by the slide going forward on its own when the magazine was inserted and causing the first round to stick straight up in the air. I conteacted them and they had me send it back, only I have to pay for shipping, the replaced the barrell and worked on the feed ramp and sent it back without the magazine so they mailed it seperate. At first it jammed again, but then after 3 mags it finally smoothed out. It shoots better now and I will keep it. I would not buy another one though. The Sig still feels more solid and better quality. Accuracy is about the same for both, but Sig is just plain better and was only 80 more not counting the shipping I had to pay to send it back, so 50 more.

A while back I mentioned how the Chiappa kept slam firing of jamming on the first round by the slide going forward on its own when the magazine was inserted and causing the first round to stick straight up in the air. I conteacted them and they had me send it back, only I have to pay for shipping, the replaced the barrell and worked on the feed ramp and sent it back without the magazine so they mailed it seperate. At first it jammed again, but then after 3 mags it finally smoothed out. It shoots better now and I will keep it. I would not buy another one though. The Sig still feels more solid and better quality. Accuracy is about the same for both, but Sig is just plain better and was only 80 more not counting the shipping I had to pay to send it back, so 50 more.

My Chiappa also slamfires,sent it back(I paid for the shipping)got it returned and it still slam fires,Did I mention it went FULL AUTO-10rounds in about a second !!!Very cool,except I was asked to NEVER bring this pistol back to the range,EVER.Wish I never bought it,Will never buy another Chiappa AGAIN !!!Bought it for my grandson,TOTAL mistake.

Buy a SIG-Should have bought a .22 conversion for my 1911.

D-Wayne

Archived