SASS Wire Forum

MMMmmmm.......

Subdeacon Joe

Well, it aint easy to find , and now dat da honey bees are dieing out...it's even harder than ever to find !!

If ya can find it in a store it's damn expensive !! :blink:

It's nonexistant here. Tulip Poplar is as close as you can get and it ain't plentiful. Like I said, If you find some glom up on it! I'll cover the cost and the shippin'.

We oughta' put together a list of the good stuff that's hard to find and who's looking for it. Maybe have it so's when you spot an item of the food variety that you know someone wants you let 'em know or if they say so just grab it and tell 'em you got it.

It's nonexistant here. Tulip Poplar is as close as you can get and it ain't plentiful. Like I said, If you find some glom up on it! I'll cover the cost and the shippin'.

We oughta' put together a list of the good stuff that's hard to find and who's looking for it. Maybe have it so's when you spot an item of the food variety that you know someone wants you let 'em know or if they say so just grab it and tell 'em you got it.

Basswood honey comes a very close 2nd.

Got 3 big old baswood trees in da yard.

But it's not sourwood honey.

Hey y'all I be lookin fer sourwood honey ! Ifin y'all find some stone ground flour, let me know ok !

Mesquite and sage honey. Eats like hell beatin' tanbark, and that can't be beat.

Now for dinner tonight I kept it simple. Onions. Caramelized in a bit of butter and olive oil. Add some salt and pepper, a little garlic. Put a lid on the pan to hold in some of the steam to help them cook. Uncover, stir in some beef demi-galce. Stir, reduce, stir. Served on bread.

Well, some, any, or all of the above. Something I din't see mentioned is cantaloupe slices with white gravy and the usual breakfast fixins. Now, here it is 2330, time to hit the rack, and I'm jonesin' for bacon, most especially some chicken fried bacon. Gonna have to work up one of those bacon explosion goodies sometime soon, too. G'night, all.

Archived