SASS Wire Forum

MMMmmmm.......

Subdeacon Joe

stomach pill

blood pressure pill

water

after that sits a while maybe some yogurt, but right now it don't feel like anything will sit well. Just finished some anti bios for an infection on my leg, and they messed up my already ailing belly something fierce.

coffee

3 eggs

sausage

hash browns

1 biscuit

sausage gravy over all of it except the coffee

wheat toast with strawberry preserves and butter

a cardiologist

Is the cardiologist "chicken fried?"

stomach pill

blood pressure pill

water

after that sits a while maybe some yogurt, but right now it don't feel like anything will sit well. Just finished some anti bios for an infection on my leg, and they messed up my already ailing belly something fierce.

Ohh...sorry to hear that, Grizz. Maybe a glass of buttermilk?

No grits??

Not if I can help it. The only way they come close to being edible, for me anyway, is to let them set up in a layer about 1/2 inch thick, then cut into smaller pieces and fried up.

No grits??

Just finished a bowl, and some scrambled x and toast and fresh ground coffee with no vinegar in it.

Coffee

Sausage, eggs, cheddar cheese scrambled.

Rolled into a couple of lightly toasted tortillas.

Coffee.

Just keeping it simple.

Coffee

Take morning meds and let settle

Whole grain organic raisin bran and 2% milk

Coffee

I had a big dinner last night and need to get rid of some of this extra me I'm carrying around before the company charges me more for my health insurance because I'm "at risk"....really!!!

Coffee

Coffee

Coffee

Toast

Another pot of...

Coffee.

Bodine

Deacon Joe, talk to me.

Something with fresh bread, garlic, olive oil, and meat!

Set your skillet on the stove over medium heat, add some olive oil. While that is heating up, chop up an onion or two, add to the pan, stir it about now and then as you thinly slice up the meat, think like fajita meat, maybe even smaller, season it with some salt and pepper. Once the onions are translucent, push it aside and add some of the meat, you don't want to crowd the pan, stir it around a bit so all sides get brown. Add so crushed or minced garlic. Keep pushing it aside and adding the meat until all of it is cooked.

Now, you can serve it just like that over the bread, and it will be pretty darned good.

Or

Add a bit more olive oil or some butter, sprinkle some flour over it (SPRINKLE, don't just dump it in). Use about as much as you think there is fat in the pan. Stir everything around. Add some herbs or spices to your taste. Add a little chicken or vegetable stock to keep things from sticking too much. Or a lot of stock, depends on how you want your gravy. Stir until thickened to your liking. Or, after that first addition of stock, and you have a really thick gravy in the pan, slowly add milk while stirring. Serve that over your bread. Or in a bowl with bread on the side.

Coffee

Srambled eggs ( perfer quail eggs )

Sausage brown gravy

Wholecake

Coffee

Smear da brown gravy over all of it

Grits on da side

Coffee

Think about eattin' melon

Coffee

How about some chicken fried bacon with white gravy? http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/90north/ChickenFriedBaconandGravy.jpg

Okay so where can I get some of this Chickenfried Bacon?

Can't remember where...somewhere on I-10 in AZ , a truckstop wif a sign dat read ..............................

DIESEL FRYED CHICKEN !

Naw , tank I'll pass ! :blink:

Coffee

Hash Brown Potatoes

Sausage

Coffee

Biscuits

Ham

Coffee

Fried Eggs

Melon

More Biscuits with butter and jam

Coffee

SDJ, Ya' only misses some tomater slices and a big glass of ice cold, (I mean with ice crystals forming in it) milk!! :wub::P

Oh yeah!! make that raspberry or Damson plumb jam..... or maybe some honey!! (DROOL DRIBBLE DROOL)

Ri' cheer' Ma'am: Home of Chicken Fried Bacon

SDJ, Ya' only misses some tomater slices and a big glass of ice cold, (I mean with ice crystals forming in it) milk!! :wub::P

Oh yeah!! make that raspberry or Damson plumb jam..... or maybe some honey!! (DROOL DRIBBLE DROOL)

Never been a fan of tomatoes at breakfast, unless in a salsa with breakfast burritos or a Mexican omelet.

Yeah, the milk right at the end with the biscuits and jam. Just plumb plum jam. Or blackberry. Orange marmalade if pushed.

I LOOKED!

Now I am awaiting the Medic 1 to arrive and take me to the nearest hospital.

My arteries are stopped up. :o

C-H-I-C-K-E-N F-R-I-E-D

B-A-C-O-N-!

I think this tops it. One version of Bacon Explosion

If you happen to have left overs refrigerate them, then batter and deep fry. Serve on cats head biscuits topped with fired eggs.

Hey Folks,

I have a confession.

I'd never had bisquits and sausage gravy until last month. They were served with scrambled home raised brown eggs. Wow! The yolks were almost orange. Yummy! Thanks Slide and Rustler for the hospitality, Long Jim and Juniper Jewel for cooking it.

I think the best breakfast I've ever had was Eggs Benedict at Kady's in the Riv (believe it or not). The best OJ was at the Black Bear Diner in Grants Pass. Wow! I have never had OJ that good before. It seemed naturally sweet.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS I love crispy hash browns!

Hey Folks,

I have a confession.

I'd never had bisquits and sausage gravy until last month. They were served with scrambled home raised brown eggs. Wow! The yolks were almost orange. Yummy! Thanks Slide and Rustler for the hospitality, Long Jim and Juniper Jewel for cooking it.

I think the best breakfast I've ever had was Eggs Benedict at Kady's in the Riv (believe it or not). The best OJ was at the Black Bear Diner in Grants Pass. Wow! I have never had OJ that good before. It seemed naturally sweet.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS I love crispy hash browns!

Miss Allie Mo ,

You haven't ate till you had some of my Grandpaw's cookin'.

Poor soul passed on now....but he taught dat skill to me.

Meanin no disrepect, but dem eggs beeni who is city food...city breakfast.

Now, dem brown eggs have almost orange yolks, very rich. Ya put at least 3 in a fryin pan and stir like crazy cuz ya don't want dem eggs to fry...ya want'em scrambled ! And dats 3 eggs per person.

Now , instead of sausage , here's somethin' that , ifin' you where to close yur eyes , you would swear it was pork , but it aint.

Black Bear ! Yup , you can do wif black bear just like it's pork.

Cook up some bear bacon , make some brown gravy out of da grease.

Dutch oven is full of big ole cathead bisciuts and ya got Sourwood Honey.

Now Sourwood Honey is clear, just like water and very hard to find. Ya can't raise it ,

So when ya find it, enjoy.

And cowboy coffee so mild , ya don't need no fixins' in it.

When I rode herd and had to cook, dats what I fixed and da cowpokes ate it up !

Best reguards,

Apache Hawk

'Pache!! Next time you run across some o' dat sourwood honey :wub::P , would ya' set me aside a couple of jars? I'll pay ya' fer 'em 'n' cover the freight! :rolleyes::unsure:

Ain't been able to find any around here in a coon's age! :angry:

'Pache!! Next time you run across some o' dat sourwood honey :wub::P , would ya' set me aside a couple of jars? I'll pay ya' fer 'em 'n' cover the freight! :rolleyes::unsure:

Ain't been able to find any around here in a coon's age! :angry:

Well, it aint easy to find , and now dat da honey bees are dieing out...it's even harder than ever to find !!

If ya can find it in a store it's damn expensive !! :blink:

Dang Apache Hawk!

I just finished dinner; but, you've got my mouth watering!

:wub:

Allie Mo

Well , Miss Allie Mo,

coals are still hot.......want me to git started ? :unsure:;)

I was en route to a "Big Joe's" polka party, and drove an hour out of my way to Snook TX for mine. (see Sub Deacon Joe's post). It was wonderful, wouldn't want it for a regular breakfast though. For those of you who have ever been to the Fly by Night Club in Spenard, remember the "cardiac arrest" Spam burger"?

Archived