SASS Wire Forum

What all foods have you brought into the movies?

Aunt Jen

Ifin' corn likker was a food , well den , I done did snick it in !!!! B)

M&M's, Hershey's candy bar, Snickers, Milky way, Milk Duds, 3 Musketeers, do you see a trend here? Oh yea and bottled water!:)

Can't remember. It's been a long time since I was in a movie house.

Saturday matinee in San Angelo, TX. around 1950, included a double feature, usually 2 B Westerns, 5 (Count 'em) 5 cartoons, newsreel, serial episode, and a "short." For two bits you could get admission (15 cents) and a box of popcorn (10 cents.) Coudn't afford to buy a drink so I strapped on a canteen. They didn't care in those days.

The O'Meara, Himself

complete enchilada meal complete with rice, beans, fresh tortillas. funny part was we got caught. We got out of it by sharing some of the food. lol. See watching kiddy shows sometime pays off. :lol:

Ifin' corn likker was a food , well den , I done did snick it in !!!! B)

Yup - a small flask 'back in the day' when I went with my buddies~ oh well....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

If I go to see Smurfs, I will take a bag of Munchkins.

lol

I'm thinking limburger cheese and onion sandwich.

:blink: :blink: WHOA......LIMBURGER CHEESE ???? :blink: :blink:

Remember my white Grandpaw eatting that stuff and Grandmaw opening up all da windows in da house !!! :wacko:

Bet they shore nuff smelt ya coming !!

Yup - a small flask 'back in the day' when I went with my buddies~ oh well....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Still got a operting drive-in here , just south of me on US 61.

Tank dey search ya fer dat kind of stuff.

Aint been der, but when drivin' by on show nights , see some men standing outside da box office.

Can't remember. It's been a long time since I was in a movie house.

So I'm not alone.

Last time was when Star Trek Insurrection was first out. Went in the middle of a work day with one of the guys in my office.

I just checked and it had to be about 1996. Time before that was The Princess Bride with my daughter.

Gonna be something.

At C&A I got a "Special" at the candy counter. $12.50 for a medium soda and popcorn. Last time. Never gotten so little for so much since the last time I paid my taxes.

My Family has brought our own popcorn and drinks as far back as I can recall (the first film I recall Was when my five years older sister was supposed to be watching me but she and her friends took me to see War of the Worlds instead ; it was in 1953 and I was 4 going on 5 and so frightened I spent part of the film under my seat...

did she ever catch it when Mom got Home ( Dad was an Artillery officer recalled to Active service and training new troops at Fort Sill at the time) I had nightmares for a month and it was about 2 years before I wanted to see a film again other than the "safe" Sat afternoon 3 films for quarter that were a way to beet the heat in the summer... I think the movie theater had one only AC in town back then.

I still bring my own popcorn (buttered with REAL butter not that axel grease they use at the stand!)

We've got a first-and-a-half theater in town. These guys show a new movie about 2-3 weeks after the first release so every thing is still fresh.

Here is the kicker: tickets are $1 each. Fixings are pretty reasonable too.

If you have one of these cinemas in your area, support them. It is too easy for them to go out of business.

I recently saw Thor and bought a medium drink and a box of Goobers for $6.00 total.

Half of the ticket receipts go back to Hollywierd. The theater makes there only money on snacks and drinks. No wonder that they have to stick us up!!

And of course pizza.

How do ya get pizza in there, hey no fair ya'll got a purse!!!! Maybe I'll get one of them "man purses"...uh...NOT!:lol:

In the winter I guess I could stuff some pizza in my deep coat pockets!:P But then they'd probably smell the anchovies!:o

How do ya get pizza in there, hey no fair ya'll got a purse!!!! Maybe I'll get one of them "man purses"...uh...NOT!:lol:

In the winter I guess I could stuff some pizza in my deep coat pockets!:P But then they'd probably smell the anchovies!:o

Just mix up dem anchovies wif dat limbuger cheese.

Dat will knock out da ticket agent on da spot !! :ph34r:

Nuke some slices, put them into double gallon-size plastic bags for insulation, put them inside a purse, and go in. :)

My wife has a purse that is perfect for contraband. We went to see Cowboys and Aliens Saturday, and she carried in two 32oz Big Gulps and an order of nachos : )

Exactly.

My concern over food at the movies is (1) it's generally miserably unhealthy for you, (2) not very good, and (3) waaaaay over priced.

Why can they serve hot dogs and not hamburgers (usually)? Why dont more of them serve pizza (I know only 2 that do)? Why can't they have a working deli in there so you can get a turkey on rye?

But then, you want to hear the kicker concern of mine?

Why do people put their feet up on the seats and armrests in front of them? (I used to run projectors in theatres for years.)

Movie theatre floors are the most filthy places on earth. I have found everything on them from semen, vomit, soda-pop syrup, "butter-flavoring"..........to I don't even know what all (a breeding ground for bacteria. The floors are NEVER cleaned, and even if they tried, they can't because the chairs are bolted to the floor. In a restaurant, they move the tables and chairs, or at least put up the chairs for a mopping once in a while.

And then people go in there, touch the chairs and armrests with their hands (where people's feet have been), and then eat finger food.

??????

I do love the movies, and I go about 2 times a week. But I have wondered about this and why we do it. :blush:

Used to sneak in a bit of booze myself. Whiskey and I went to the theater today for the first time in about a year - Cowboys and Aliens - what an awesome movie. But I sure wish we had thought to sneak in our own snacks - $12 for 2 mediun cokes and a small popcorn! Outrageous!

Bucky

Exactly.

My concern over food at the movies is (1) it's generally miserably unhealthy for you, (2) not very good, and (3) waaaaay over priced.

Why can they serve hot dogs and not hamburgers (usually)? Why dont more of them serve pizza (I know only 2 that do)? Why can't they have a working deli in there so you can get a turkey on rye?

But then, you want to hear the kicker concern of mine?

Why do people put their feet up on the seats and armrests in front of them? (I used to run projectors in theatres for years.)

Movie theatre floors are the most filthy places on earth. I have found everything on them from semen, vomit, soda-pop syrup, "butter-flavoring"..........to I don't even know what all (a breeding ground for bacteria. The floors are NEVER cleaned, and even if they tried, they can't because the chairs are bolted to the floor. In a restaurant, they move the tables and chairs, or at least put up the chairs for a mopping once in a while.

And then people go in there, touch the chairs and armrests with their hands (where people's feet have been), and then eat finger food.

??????

I do love the movies, and I go about 2 times a week. But I have wondered about this and why we do it. :blush:

What kind of movie theaters are you goin to Aunt Jen?

I think my last one was Open Range. I don't recall eating anything in the theater. We did have something at the restaurant that is no longer there, on the corner. It was a '50s type diner with electric trains on elevated tracks around the place and Radio Flier wagons and Schwinn bicycles.

Lots of chrome and plastic table tops. I don't think you could get that into the theatre.

Whataburger Double Cheese Burger, Large Onion Rings and a Large Diet Coke. I love when the weather is cool. I would stash the burger and rings inside one sleeve and the drink on the other. I carried the jacket in and no one took notice. As far as chest warmers I love them airline bottles. Got them free when I was worked for the airlines way back then. Buddies and I would bring them by the pocket full.

when the kids were young, I used to sneak popcorn, snacks and juice drinks for them. now it's just me and I always take a jacket with big pockets to cover my legs from the air conditioning. usually hide a fruit, drink and sometimes a sandwich if it's lunchtime.

Archived