SASS Wire Forum

where to buy .45 acp lead, round nose for SASS

Aunt Jen

I use the same 200 grain rnfp bullets I use when shooting 45 colt in SASS. I buy them (Cowboy #4) from Missouri Bullet Company. If you want tradional 230 grain Missouri Bullet has them too. I assume you reload.

I use the same 200 grain rnfp bullets I use when shooting 45 colt in SASS. I buy them (Cowboy #4) from Missouri Bullet Company. If you want tradional 230 grain Missouri Bullet has them too. I assume you reload.

I don't reload yet, but I will some day. I've been too busy to figure it out. But some day.

Thanks for the referral

Me and Old Top use nothing but BearCreek for our reloading. We also recently tried our 45lc boolits for shootin in our 45 autos and they worked just fine.

We get our boolits from one of three places:

hud

Smilin Jack

or the factory...

if ya need contact info, give a holler....

good shootin

curley

Hi guys. Just reminding: I need cartridges, not bullets. I'm not reloading.

Thank you!

Hi Aunt Jen,

Try Ten-X. They have just what you want. Be sure to keep your brass and they will reload them for you also.

CB

High Country Ammo is what I use. Wolf Windwalker is the sells rep. He is on the wire if you can do a search. The # is (435)668-6176. There out of St. George, Utah.

SASS themselves are going to be selling ammunition for both CAS and WBAS matches soon. I (and others) tested their 45ACP ammo at various shoots this year and I think they are almost ready to go into production. (Actually they aren't making it, a loading Co. in GA is doing it under their name.) I am sure there will be an announcement when they are ready to start selling ammo.

I use W-W reloading out of Lone Wolf, Oklahoma. I have been using this man's reloads (38,357, 44 spcl and mag, 45 Colt, and 230 RNL 45 ACP) for over 3 decades. His loads are as good as any and better than most and prices are the lowest I've found. Good stuff. Have also used Bill's out of Amarillo with great success.

If they have it in stock, Sportsman's Guide sells Ultamax 230 RNL. If out of stock, don't order. Kept having to re-order by e-mail notification every month or so. Took nearly 2 years to finally get it.

Precision Cartridge, Inc. (PCI) makes a great lead 230-gr RN lead cartridge that I've used for WB shoots and just regular plinking. I can get them for you through the store or you can get them online at Midway or Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop.

Jen,

I can't remember if you are in Ca or not? but try "CliffHanger" here on the wire. He reloads and is at several SoCal shoots, or shipping works too.

He does my 38, 45 and BP shotgun. Also does a lot of the furriners when they come over for major shoots at Founders Ranch.

Cheers,

Harvey

If Ammo Direct is back up and running, they have it.

Just checked & AD is still down.

SASS themselves are going to be selling ammunition for both CAS and WBAS matches soon. I (and others) tested their 45ACP ammo at various shoots this year and I think they are almost ready to go into production. (Actually they aren't making it, a loading Co. in GA is doing it under their name.) I am sure there will be an announcement when they are ready to start selling ammo.

If they expect to be successful in the ammo sales line they're going to have to be competitive & meet or beat their competitors prices.

I use W-W reloading out of Lone Wolf, Oklahoma. I have been using this man's reloads (38,357, 44 spcl and mag, 45 Colt, and 230 RNL 45 ACP) for over 3 decades. His loads are as good as any and better than most and prices are the lowest I've found. Good stuff. Have also used Bill's out of Amarillo with great success.

If they have it in stock, Sportsman's Guide sells Ultamax 230 RNL. If out of stock, don't order. Kept having to re-order by e-mail notification every month or so. Took nearly 2 years to finally get it.

Couldn't find a website for W-W. You can look up the phone number on http://www.411.com

W & W Reloading Co Inc 1404 7th Street Lone Wolf, OK 73655-9766

Hello the camp! Independent Ammo and a few others, plain-box Win and Fed, have lead rn 230gr loads; price not killer, but easy to beat reloading. Hope this helps. mm

Archived